Ok.. but where do i instruct the corner taker to hit the ball in the right area??

i instructed players to challenge keeper/near posts/far posts and one player to 'lurk' around the area.. but that ended up in me having no defenders and the opposition getting the ball in my half and score against me. :(
It seems the "1 defeat in 58 games"(or something like that) tactic has the corner bug. Just download it and use it. You can change the player you want to score the goals with the guy who's positioned to "Lurk outside area".

Im interested to try this and see if it works, however I have followed the instructions on here and Im not seeing any results, could anyone help?

First get your best corner taker to take corners both right and left.At attacking corners instruct him to 'lurk outside' Next get your best player with high attributes in finishing,first touch and long shots.Instruct him to'lurk outside'.Then RB stay back LB stay back .Aggessive CH challenge goalkeeper .Other CH stand on far post .Get CF to challenge goalkeeper .Then get 2 players to do 'near post flick on'.Get last player to 'stand on far post'

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

For free transfers go to transfer centre,then player search,then filter,then edit filter.Go to value, press £0,then ok.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

Forgot to add.Team instructions set as penalty area

yeah i agree with everyone who said corner bug sucks, i mean i started with england, ended up winning the world cup, with every match 3 goal difference including vs italy, brazil, argentina and holland.

then started with huddersfield, (not using the cornerbug) and won the league 1, and doing awesome in championship, i guess corner bugs just takes away the pleasure in victories

Righteous. Respect is due. (H)

Vaclav Kadlec for my Southport team scored 27 goals in this way when I used a tactic with this corner bug in. Agree with anyone who says it ruins the game, Football Manager is supposed to be like real life and I don't think even an amateur team would defend like the AI does from corners, just takes the fun away really.

With the corner bug, my topscorer was Kryvtsov, 20 goals+ easy each season. Then I felt dirty and stopped.

Ok.. but where do i instruct the corner taker to hit the ball in the right area??

i instructed players to challenge keeper/near posts/far posts and one player to 'lurk' around the area.. but that ended up in me having no defenders and the opposition getting the ball in my half and score against me. :(

?

I came up with this drill which does get goals fairly regularly but nowhere near as many as a full-blown corner bug:

Corner Delivery: Inswinger ( A left-footed player takes kick from rightside & vice versa )
Delivery Instruction: Near post
Player Instructions:

2 x players stay back ( your fullbacks - to stop counter attacks )
1 x back if needed ( DMC or ball-winning Mdflder )
1 x lurk edge of area ( best shot - in case of a clearance or bad corner delivery )
3 x stand on far post ( decoys )
1 x challenge keeper ( for potential 2nd ball - helps if he's aggressive )
1 x near post flick on ( he's your hitman - MUST be aggressive )

The last 2 players must be your best headers obviously - usually your centrebacks, but if you've got a 'tower 'striker use him by all means as it will help with his goal tally. Your 'near post' guy must be strong & aggressive - to out muscle any potential markers, but most defenders are usually concentrating on the 3 decoys at the back stick. Ideally you should have an Alan Shearer type player with great heading as your 'near post flick on' guy.

When you do score it's much more satisfying because the goals can be very messy, the 'challenge keeper' guy scrambling in some rebounds from a point-blank save ( much more realistic ). It certainly doesn't FEEL like this a bug ( ie: whenever your hitman gets his head to the ball, he doesn't net a certain goal ).

Ignore the 'edge of area bug' because the amount of goals you get is ludicrous & devalues your results completely. (H)

Last edited:
CHAZ. How many seasons did you play before you felt you needed to wash?

Hi this may sound stupid but how do u set ur corner taker to put ball in the penalty area?

In my opinion this isn't really cheating. Yes, cheating is what you do when you gain an unfair advantage through unfair means but that would only work in a perfect world where the playing field is completely leveled. Not in ours!

If the playing field was leveled then Everton would have just as much of a chance as ManU for winning the Prem.
If the playing field was leveled Atletico Madrid would be able to counter Real's big signings with some of their own, just as big, just as expensive.
And in this situation, the ball just happens to roll onto the foot of the guy who can score from that distance. In real life as much as in a game this isn't cheating. It comes down to two pieces. The corner taker, who has to be good enough to deliver the ball in that manner and the scorer who also has to be good enough to finish. While in real life it may not happen as often, in a game it would happen more due to the obvious difference. It's a game... it operates in a different set of rules. Rigid rules. Life doesn't.

hey guys,
im really interested in how this corner bug works would someone be able to just give me a run down on how to set it up etc that would be awsome

Anyone tell me how to makr a player put the ball into six yard box please??

Ellis.First go to tactics.Then press instructions. Then team instructions.Press advanced. Go down and you will see corners. Tick small box then press mixed.

It works good, but it ruins the fun of it. I tried it in my season at Tuks & loved it a first but it was just to unrealistic since ended up with a scoring rate of 9 goals per game.

Verratti, ambrosini, gattuso and pretty much any player i want can score a hat trick if i use my corner bug.

In real life, only Scholes will be able to make even 1 of those goal!