Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

what team would be a challenge to play with

Banned
Reaction score
I have always started with the big guns because obviously as men we like winning. But now I want a challenge, here are a number of teams I devised would be a challenge can you tell me if you agree or not: Bolton, Newcastle, Sunderland and Blackpool. Suggest other teams is possible

Reaction score
don't think they're particularly challenging. try something like dundee in scotland, start on -25 in division 1, that's a challenge.
or try and head up from league 2, or even BSN/BSS

Reaction score
trying to win the league in spain with a team outwith madrid or barca often proves to be impossible

Last edited:
Reaction score
Blackpool is the only challenging team I can think of at the moment.

trying to win the league in spain with a team outwith madrid or barca often proves to be impossible
You can easily win it with Athletico Madrid if you buy the right players and play the right tactics.

Reaction score
ATLETIC DE BILBAO.....great challenge.my favourite hours of FM was on this save

Reaction score
alarcon is supposedly impossible. as is a ukrainian team other than their big 2.

Jak

Reaction score
any lower league team trying to get them to the top is always a good challenge

Reaction score
U.C.D in Ireland **** money **** fanbase **** players most likely get relegated 1st season!!!

Reaction score
Dundee in the scottish first division. -25 points. Leigh Griffiths usually leaves (thankfully he never for me). I've played 3 games won 2 and lost 1.