what the heck happened here?

YounG

Reaction score

so i step into winning way with my new tactic taking 12 points in 7 games what was i happy with (i even fu**ed ManU) and then 5 loses in a row? cant be some coincidence cuz i started use a new tactic god **** it. what the heck is that? some kind of 9.0.1 bug? btw this caused me a relegation lol

For a start INSTAL 9.0.2. Not only does it improve the game noticeably it means that its less likely your exploiting a weakness in the engine ala the diable tactic a few FMs back so pwning on 9.0.2 is more impressive :)

Anywa that run isnt that bad. Lost to pool away expected, prob hit your morale a wee bit. Possibly gave a poor team talk v newc and losing at home prob hit your morale hardish then 2 away games are tough so morale going even lower.

What team are you anyway? Have a search of the forums for guides on how to give a good team talk. Morale can also be helped by good press conferences and praising/critizing the correct players

dude i appreciate your help but i've readed that guide already (H) my team morale is always good or very good even if im in relegation zone. i realy have no idea what could cause those loses but im 100% sure it has nothing with my team morale coz it was high enought.

p.s. im with Hull again, thats my 10-15 attempt to avoid relegation lawl. and dont be sorry about me, one day ill make it!!

Last edited:
With little or no facts available, my hunch is that the AI has found a way to beat your tactic and you'll have to check those matches again to figure out whether or not you can counter what the AI is doing.

this idea was shown in my head for a moment but i waved it away. how come they manage it so fast? if only used it in 7 games before

this idea was shown in my head for a moment but i waved it away. how come they manage it so fast? if only used it in 7 games before

You could use it in one match, and if there's fundamental flaws in it, the AI will have a decent chance of finding them and exploiting them. The AI switches its formation and tactics a lot even within games. I've no idea how this works and am hoping the opposition manager's ratings will affect how well the AI succeeds or fails but don't know for sure.

Many won't realise this as they play only 'big' clubs and buy the best players available who will have a good chance of making even the worst tactic work to some degree. With teams like Hull in the Premier League, you'll catch a drubbing without very sound tactics.

Are there any similarities between the way you lost all those games and how the AI had set-up to get its goals? Some of those losses are quite heavy and suggest that the AI set-up specifically for how you play or how you played was in no way suitable for how the AI set-up ;)

god ****! is there any guide what tactic is the best to use against each opposite tactic? this game started to annoy me

god ****! is there any guide what tactic is the best to use against each opposite tactic? this game started to annoy me

You're a manager - figuring it out is the game's point :p

More seriously, just take a step back and relate it to reality. If a team is playing on the counter, how do their opposition play to best stop them countering but still attack themselves?

Last edited:
i beat Newcastle 2:1, ManU 3:0, draw ManC and Chelsea both 1:1 then save the game and go outside. when im back home i load the game and then 0:3 against Wigan, 1:6 against Blackburn?? i rly dont understand this game...how come my tactic stoped working that immediately? can anyone explain me how to prevent this? is there something i dont know? so stupid game

Opposition teams scout your style of play and come up with game plans to stop you and take advantage of your weaknesses.
Get advice from your assistant during games if things aren't working,mix things up a bit,width,tempo,do something the opposition wont be expecting,look at there formation and try and exploit it.If one of there players is playing well put hard tackling on him and try and injure him.You really cant expect to win every game with exactly the same tactics.

i would fully agree with you mate BUT why then ManU, Newcastle or Chelsea scouts failed doing their job? its like my tactic were working perfectly for 10 games and then scouts started to analyze me? lack of logic

Does I need to start new game to changes in patch 9.2 apply? Sorry if i'm out of topic..

i would fully agree with you mate BUT why then ManU, Newcastle or Chelsea scouts failed doing their job? its like my tactic were working perfectly for 10 games and then scouts started to analyze me? lack of logic

You get this kind of thing in real life too. And maybe its because some managers make mistakes and think it doesn't matter what you play, you should be worrying about how they play...

Especially true with new tactics or an unexpected form of play. Look at Hull in real life - start of the season, their attacking style shocked teams and got results. As teams learnt more about Hull and how they play, Hull's results started to become more ordinary and then more like those of a newly promoted team.

You could probably think of a few examples from across the years - England's 4-3-3 in 1966 is another good example. Greece and Norway with their styles of play gaining International success to varying degrees. So many FA cup matches between lower league teams and higher placed opponents....

I get it in FM occasionally by playing ultra-attacking against teams I'm expected to be hammered by.

Once it becomes clear that how you're playing isn't a one off, then teams not only have enough information at that point to counter you but also know how to fully exploit every aspect of your game if there's big holes in your tactic.

How this is done in FM, I'm really not sure. But it does seem to have happened.

I Agree with Gregor, It's not that bad or untypical of fm. One of those tactics that work for a bit then falter.

Liverpool away is never easy then you had a few away games after that which maybe you could have taken something but it's not that bad. Man City are never easy at anytime on this game.

but isn't it strange that when you change your tactics your players need time to adapt to it but when an AI changes tactics constantly during matches to find a way to beat you their players won't get confuse?

kenn says truth. as far as me know team need a time to adapt the tactic. so now when we use different tactic against each opponent we give no time to our players to adapt it but it works. i mean exploiting opponents brings positive results

You dont change the tactic for each game,you tweak little things during the game.For example you could change the formation without changing the overall tactics and style of play.You could put a extra man in midfield if your being overrun there.You can put a extra forward up front if your not creating enough.Something that works for me is changing the tackling during the game,if the opposition is winning more tackles than me i turn it up to hard tackling.if your struggling to score against a side you should beat then push the defensive line up.Just little things like that can make all the difference.;)

i see...no wonder my team don't perform well.i make too much changes.thanks