What to do with this Superb Winger regen?

emman23

Reaction score
This is Paulo Jose

View attachment 363728

I bought him for 1m euro 3 years ago. Now he become so much better, all his stats are great except for teamwork.

The thing is, i dont play a winger in my Wigan tactic, I was thinking to retrain him in Wingback left, my current wingback , Gabriel Silva, is performing 7.35 ratings, it is good, but he also has 90k wage, i may need to offload him.

Should i sell this regen or retrain him? He could also play BWM and BBM in my tactic, but he cant be a starter in that, as i have wanyama for BWM, and Goretzka for BBM, also his stats are not that good for BWM as Goretzka is really irreplaceable right now.

He's also my primary corner taker, as i dont have anyone better than average. Also, maybe in 3 years, i may create a tactic using a wide midfielder/defensive winger in a 3-5-2 possession tactic.

If i sell him, how much would probably i get from him (My wigan is on the edge interms of money)..Should i insert a buy back?

He's on a 15k a week, still 3 years left. Though if i offer him a new contract, it will be on 32k five years.

Really need some advice. Thanks

EDIT: Even though he played a lot of matches, 24 (11) ..is that read as 24 starts and 11 as substitute? or 24 games, 11 of which are as a substitute?....... as i was saying, he was playing good number of matches, every 2 months i think, he is concerned about 1st team actions. Lucky for me, his personality is professional so i keep saying "i decide if you stay or go"..Also, nobody wants to loan him in the past 2 years!!!

Last edited:
He's incredible, i'd build the team around him and try to adapt the tactic to fit him into the team

Last edited:
I think my team right now dont need a major overhaul, maybe in 3 years when i get bored of the tactics. Should i keep him around? If his teamwork is better than 14, i might have retrain him as my primary advanced playmaker

Maybe loan him out? He would be great as an advanced playmaker as well

If you keep him around for so long and not play him he'll get frustrated and want to leave - likewise if you loan him out he'll probably feel like he's too good to be loaned out. My advice is if you're not willing to adapt your tactics to fit around him then cash-in on him and put the money too good use for your current tactics

Retrain to AMC, then there is no way he won't fit into your squad in at least some capacity, as you must surely have someone either on the left of midfield or left wing, in the centre of midfield or playing off the striker(s) as an attacking mid. Otherwise, what the **** is your tactic? :p
Test him on the left or as suggested just off the strikers as an advanced playmaker, see if setting your tactics to utilise the playmaker doesn't negate his poor teamwork as he'll be forced to distribute the balls forward to the strikers. Other than his teamwork he is near perfect for such a role, with a cracking longshot ability to boot he should get a hatful of goals from range to supplement your regular goals.

Too good to loan, don't bother cashing in...use him, quality player. Strange predicament to be honest, can only think you must have formed your tactics after you bought him else why would you buy a winger with promise?

Retrain to AMC, then there is no way he won't fit into your squad in at least some capacity, as you must surely have someone either on the left of midfield or left wing, in the centre of midfield or playing off the striker(s) as an attacking mid. Otherwise, what the **** is your tactic? :p

I doubt it would be a good tactic going forward but you could play with 1 GK, 1 sweeper, 3CB's, 2 WB's, 2 DM's and 2 ST's :p

actually that could make a very interesting test, I might have to have a go at that at some point.

I doubt it would be a good tactic going forward but you could play with 1 GK, 1 sweeper, 3CB's, 2 WB's, 2 DM's and 2 ST's :p

actually that could make a very interesting test, I might have to have a go at that at some point.

Even though its two strikers instead of one, thats called parking the bus, and you're right that it isn't very good going forward :D Thats what you play when you're a minnow side up against Premiership opposition in the FA Cup with no hope of outscoring them. I've always been intrigued but never enough to go looking for it if anyone has done a proper test with a full attacking lineup. I cobbled it together on an older FM as Brighton in league 1 against Man U in a cup as a do or die match.

Think it was FM 2010, and I threw together two banks of five up on the further lines forward, or all players pushed up as far as they could go. Overload for attack, game finished something manic like 5 - 4 to us. Never been brave enough to do it again as the luck was surely all used in one go.

Sorry for the late reply. I just won the EPL with 4 games to go (1st trophy ever!!)... Thank you all. Im currently retraining him as Wing back left. Though, all of your suggestions are being considered. This is my tactic and my 1st choice players. Possesion Attacking tactic.

View attachment 363735

I really considering retraining him to AMC (AP).. As you can see, Will hughes is my primary playmaker. He's been superb, 11 goals and 18 assists. If i retrain him, i'll probably sell hughes, as i cant afford him to be just a back up with his 95k wage. Jose pawned Will hughes in every attributes except for team work, workrate and some mental stats. Also, if i retrain him as AMC, most of his training time will be on PPMs.

He currently have Run with ball left(gonna untrained) , Place shot, One - Twos.. Will Hughes TeamWork is 13 to Jose's 9.. Is that a big difference if playing as a primary playmaker?... Hughes Value is currently at 23m euro, got him 2 years ago at 1.5m.

As i still have an Champions League final (finished runner up last year to shoot out), i played Paulo Jose as an AMC (AP support) in a game against chelsea, i rested almost all my 1st choice. He finished with 1 assists (corner, most of his assist are from that), and 12 KEY PASSES!, his AMC position is in red (cant play in that position). I was surprised with that.

Second game, i played him 45 minutes at the AMC, he got 5 Key passes, 2 of them were just awesome backheel CCC.

I bought him in the 1st place bec. he was cheap and only wants 5k wage. And my back up tactic have an AML, though changed it. Never thought he would become this good

Im really torn what to do with him, im changing his training to AMC position for now, maybe he's gonna be a defensive liability if i make him a WBL. He's currently happy having opportunities at 1st team. Sometimes he want to be loaned, sometimes he thinks he's too good.

This are the comparison of hughes

View attachment 363738

:Not seen in the pic:
Tackling: 11 to 10
Technique : 17 to 15
Team work : 9 to 13
Workrate : 14 to 14

Thanks. Also, It may help your verdict that i need money as my club is losing money because of Lewandowski ,bought him for 80m last summer, 210k per week. 80m was all my money LOL. Now im on the edge..only 25% of transfer revenue are available when i sell players..LOL

PS: As im losing money, i have this superb CD, he is the best CD in the game, but his injury prone , when he's injured, its not long term, more like 1 -3 weeks only. Should i sell him? i currently have another regen to cover. He would get me some huge money, last summer, chelsea offered me 56m euro.

This is him

View attachment 363742

This is the regen

View attachment 363745

Rocco's Mentality is too good though. Rocco is already an Icon in wigan, he averages 7.9 ratings in his 1st 4 seasons , he was just injured at the start of this season

Im sorry if this thread is becoming somewhat a drag, i just dont have anybody to talk about this. Im from philippines, Football is not really popular here, i dont even know any one who watch football games. LOL.. Here is more Online games

Update: Jose just won EPL's young player of the year. 15 assists in 28 games. And EPL team of the year as a starter. Funny how last year i dont even recognized him.

Last edited:
maybe retrain him to play as your advanced play maker... i dont really see teamwork as a big deal.. give him instructions to constantly do through balls and teach him try killer balls often. if it was me try a 4 2 3 1 formation. and retrain him to the right as his 18 longshot and great passing and creativity has to be taken advantage off. i have a regen not as good as your.. i retrained him to the right as he is left footed and inside forward support... he cuts in and either lays it on a plate for the striker or wha i love about fm cuts in boom top corner.

The centreback i would keep my good he looks tasty that 20 concentration and great positioning is to good to let go. the other backup could be as good as him.. play him or send im out on loan. if he keeps getting injured set his training to light as he is fully developed anyway.

I would sell Roberto Rocco? and keep the Younger CD. Rocco if you can cash in on him would be a great sell. also sell Lewandowski, he isn't even playing that well for you. Play Maupay up front instead.

maybe retrain him to play as your advanced play maker... i dont really see teamwork as a big deal.. give him instructions to constantly do through balls and teach him try killer balls often. if it was me try a 4 2 3 1 formation. and retrain him to the right as his 18 longshot and great passing and creativity has to be taken advantage off. i have a regen not as good as your.. i retrained him to the right as he is left footed and inside forward support... he cuts in and either lays it on a plate for the striker or wha i love about fm cuts in boom top corner.

The centreback i would keep my good he looks tasty that 20 concentration and great positioning is to good to let go. the other backup could be as good as him.. play him or send im out on loan. if he keeps getting injured set his training to light as he is fully developed anyway.

Im retraining him now on my AMC, I played him in this position in the champions league finals, he was MOTM, even though his position comfortability is red, scary... i sold hughes for 25m to RM. I dont play with wingers, though in the near future i may.

Yup Rocco is too good to let go. I dont want to loan out my Young CD, as he is the primary back up. I want him to be the starter, as he has way better team work and work rate.

I would sell Roberto Rocco? and keep the Younger CD. Rocco if you can cash in on him would be a great sell. also sell Lewandowski, he isn't even playing that well for you. Play Maupay up front instead.

I tried selling rocco, top teams offered 55m euros. But 10m upfront then the rest as 24 month stallment, it is Ok really for me, but i want to have a "Next sale percentage", they only offer "profit percentage" which probably useless as i'll sell him 55m. is 55m enough?
Also, if i sell rocco, it may have awful effects, as the young CD and my other 1st choice CD favored person is Rocco. And rocco is now an Icon.

Also, Rocco and the other CD(Zevenbergen) has "Feels like he works well with [each other]".. Is that a thing i should consider?. Also, i dont play offside trap.
Im leaning to keep Rocco now, as i challenge for all the titles, and i dont have another better CD regen, as my criteria is Fast, Strong, Can play possesion and tall.

Other CD, funny how many great Regens really, especially in Striker and CD positions

View attachment 363893

About lewandowski i played him as CF support, im thinking giving him another chance. It maybe because i just dont want to have the feel i was wrong buying him (even though i was pretty much wrong LOL). But he is 29 turning 30, his value is detoriating fast. Should i cash him now?.. I have a 17 yr old regen that play way better than Lewan last year. But i would lose Lewandoski as a tutor for the regen(Herbin)..

I can buy Giovinco 13m and half of lewan's salary for replacement for lewandowski, what do you think?

Maupay is now my back up poacher, because McMahon(1st choice) beat him in almost all the category and performance. Though i miss Maupay, he scored a total of 118 goals in 240 appearances, its just mcmahon take the opportunity better.

Last edited:
Im retraining him now on my AMC, I played him in this position in the champions league finals, he was MOTM, even though his position comfortability is red, scary... i sold hughes for 25m to RM. I dont play with wingers, though in the near future i may.

Yup Rocco is too good to let go. I dont want to loan out my Young CD, as he is the primary back up. I want him to be the starter, as he has way better team work and work rate.

I tried selling rocco, top teams offered 55m euros. But 10m upfront then the rest as 24 month stallment, it is Ok really for me, but i want to have a "Next sale percentage", they only offer "profit percentage" which probably useless as i'll sell him 55m. is 55m enough?
Also, if i sell rocco, it may have awful effects, as the young CD and my other 1st choice CD favored person is Rocco. And rocco is now an Icon.

Also, Rocco and the other CD(Zevenbergen) has "Feels like he works well with [each other]".. Is that a thing i should consider?. Also, i dont play offside trap.
Im leaning to keep Rocco now, as i challenge for all the titles, and i dont have another better CD regen, as my criteria is Fast, Strong, Can play possesion and tall.

Other CD, funny how many great Regens really, especially in Striker and CD positions

View attachment 363893

About lewandowski i played him as CF support, im thinking giving him another chance. It maybe because i just dont want to have the feel i was wrong buying him (even though i was pretty much wrong LOL). But he is 29 turning 30, his value is detoriating fast. Should i cash him now?.. I have a 17 yr old regen that play way better than Lewan last year. But i would lose Lewandoski as a tutor for the regen(Herbin)..

I can buy Giovinco 13m and half of lewan's salary for replacement for lewandowski, what do you think?

Maupay is now my back up poacher, because McMahon(1st choice) beat him in almost all the category and performance. Though i miss Maupay, he scored a total of 118 goals in 240 appearances, its just mcmahon take the opportunity better.

Sell Lewa! Giovinco idk as I've never had him before, but if you can still get 25-30million pounds for Lewa sell. Maupay becomes a beast, he's worth 20 million in my game and keeps Falcao off the team sheet.

Giovinco was sold to Madrid, ****.. Lewandowski was superb in pre season, ill give him last chance until winter i guess.

I loaned out Maupay, Maupay cant play Lewandowski's Role (DLF or CF support).. i have way better poacher, and now the other poacher that i loaned out last season, who scored for aston villa 18 goals in 35 matches comes back and no one would want to loan him, i dont want to sell him. I would probably recall maupay in Winter.

Giovinco was sold to Madrid, ****.. Lewandowski was superb in pre season, ill give him last chance until winter i guess.

I loaned out Maupay, Maupay cant play Lewandowski's Role (DLF or CF support).. i have way better poacher, and now the other poacher that i loaned out last season, who scored for aston villa 18 goals in 35 matches comes back and no one would want to loan him, i dont want to sell him. I would probably recall maupay in Winter.

'Tis a shame, Maupay is a beast. Anyways on the Paulo Jose front, I would find a way to play him for a few seasons, really bump up his value, and if after that you still don't find a consistent way to keep him in your team, sell him with a % of next sale. As for Rocco, if you can't get the bid you want for him don't sell.

'Tis a shame, Maupay is a beast. Anyways on the Paulo Jose front, I would find a way to play him for a few seasons, really bump up his value, and if after that you still don't find a consistent way to keep him in your team, sell him with a % of next sale. As for Rocco, if you can't get the bid you want for him don't sell.

I know, honestly, Im dissapointed that maupay was demoted by ME..LOL, but i just have this better Poacher, and Maupay stops developing at age 20, dont know why, and he's been a 1 1/2 stars CA and 2 stars PA.. Its weird how his stars detoriate so fast in the last 2 years, even though i played him almost every game, and then he had this bad stretch of form, did not score for 15 games.

I want Maupay to be my back up, playing Capital one and easy league games.

This is the striker that replaced maupay
View attachment 364564

loaning out maupay to aston villa as key player, gives me idea on how can maupay can compete with mc mahon.. i also got this one poacher, who is also better than maupay and scores really well, nobody wants to loan him so i loan at maupay.

About Jose Paulo, im Retraining him as an AMC, im on october now, i still never lost a game!!.. im really happy now.. Lewandowski (i kept him, sorry..LOL, just want him) last season was 14 goals out of 52 games, now, he is 9 goals 6 assist in 10 games!..Maybe he is now settle now? is that a thing? settlement to a new league?

Paulo Jose's AMC is awkward, he was training in AMC position for 4 months now with 100% focus.. Done well really.

He would make a good DLF/CF

You made a good point, the thing is theres a another regen that will take that place. And i still have lewandowski.

keep him and rotate him with Hughes.. you dont have to sell such a talent.. he can play CM too..