What torrent client do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant

Reaction score
Im going to start downloading torrents but don't know what client (right word?) to use to download them. I found one site with a few torrents that i want but don't know what client is the best.

Also if you have any decent torrent site please post them or pm me them.

i am probably gonna sound like a right dope for asking this, but what is a torrent i have heard people mentoning it but dont have a clue wat it means.

Azureus has been fine for me ive never really used anything else.

A torrent is a large file which can be downloaded by a 'link' provided by many sites. The small file is opened up into a 'client' where it can be downloaded. Similarly to file sharing you need people to host the file these people are called seeds and then there a leechers who download the file on the seeds. And then there is a share ratio thing which is important as it can affect speeds etc basically the ratio of upload/download.

i go straight to mininova or isohunt to download my torrents, there are useful forums around which document torrent releases specficially to the type of file e.g. movies, sports, television shows etc might chuck a few links later.

Last edited:
Just two more things. are they dangerous at all? if you seed do you get faster downloads?

First things first never seed when you use a public site there is no point,But if your lucky enough to be a member of a private site like me :D then you have to seed thats why they are faster and more people want to join them as there is limited spaces available and everyone is sharing files...blaa if that didnt make sence ask Sean.

Yes, all sorts.

I use, isohunt.com and mininova.org and they are ok. but try get an invite from scenetorrents or torrentleech as they are invite only.

thats good because i was thinking of getting san andreas of the pc

First torrent has started slow (really slow). Please tell me it gets faster as it goes along.

What's your connection? what you downloading? how big is the file? you downloading anything else? using utorrent? torrent is from where??

1 Mb connection i think, think it was upgraded to 2 a while back though. downloading 700mb south park torrent, im using utorrent and im not downloading anything else and im downloading from mrtwig.net its a site full of south park torrents.

oo dunno. What speed the download going? (Wish i could torrent, this net gets 500+kb/s :D

Ouch. Seems slow even for a 1mb connection....ah well, leave it on all night.

I have a program called Torrent Spider. It searches all the main public torrent sites and it's pretty useful. I'll find a link when I get home.

Torrents are illigal. I would advise u all not to talk about them on a forum. But if u must......I tried one once and it is REALLY slow, i was downloading san andreas.

My advice, just buy the game

I think they're only illegal if you download illegal content.

I think they're only illegal if you download illegal content.

yup, theres nothing at all illegal about torrent clients or programs like Limewrie etc, its what you use them for which makes htem legal or not

Status
Not open for further replies.