What would you like to see on FM2009?

Redders

Get in the Van.
Reaction score
Similar to this thread:

http://fm-base.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=3588&highlight=fm2008

I know a lot of people have lost interest in the game - as always happens. But a new version always gets everyone playing again. So in 2009, what additions would you like to see?

I would like it to add a few elements of LMA manager actually, such as you have a say in the new stadium, kits sponsors, ticket prices....

Although i do get why this doesn't happen, as managers probably don't get much of a say in real life. I just think it would be an interesting addition.

What i am trying to say is, more manager:board interaction.

Would also like team talks to have more of an impact on players.

What about you?

Have actually managed to squeeze a season in since I jacked in FML, halfway through my 4th season.

The one thing I'd like to see is the feature in FML that when you look at set piece/captain/penalty tactics screen, it lists your squad on the left and shows the relevent stat for each tactic. Very handy that is, and I've missed it since I've gone back to FM08

i think it would be good if u could be a youth team manager, like in charge on under 18s at a club. I know this is an option as well as managing first team, but would be an interesting way to start a career just in charge of a teams youth.

new skin and lay out to mix things up a bit.

chairman mode :D

A better skin. Something like the old Premier Manager sort of games etc.. with some nice flashy graphics.

Like Boozad said FML has lots of nice little touches that FM 2009 should and hopefully will include.

Some better player interaction.

Tactics made easier but also be able to tweak them much more.

Even better scouting.

Online lobbies for network games or something. Maybe being able to pit my team against another users like you can do on the 360 version of 2008.

The tactic side of the game definitely needs adjusting, I don't think you have enough control over certain things. Also i wouldn't mind a difficulty setting kinda thing, say if you just want a casual game you can set it to easy or medium, but if you want a proper career game put it as hard.

More player interaction, like if your trying to sign a player who normally wouldnt go, e.g bentley to birmingham, you could show him your short list and tell him your goals that you set at the start of the season.

Press conferances before and after games, or after signing a player.

Would like to see something in the media about suggesting a player for an international call up like sven has done 1000 times this season about hart, because am sick of billy sharp finishing top scorer for me every season and not having a cap where crouch dont get a game for reading (5 seasons in) but still gets called up to the squad.

Like to have a input on the design of the kit, for example the sponsers that you choose(adidas, a.i.g etc) show you 4 or 5 kit designs and you get to pick one.

Prices out tickets, you choose fan days and more interaction with your fans would be great.

Havent though about it much, but iv got bored of this fm faster than any other fm i have played, looking forward to next years though, i like starting championship and even better that birmingham are there:cool:

All great ideas Brum. I would agree with them all. Would definately help decrease the boredom.

I think more interaction with the media/fans/board/players are a must. Theres so many more ways you could influence your team.

Not too sure about choosing your own kits as I'm pretty sure managers don't really get involved in that side of things, but new kit designs every 2 seasons would be good. And I'm sure that's not beyond SI's capabilities.

i think the whole confidence system needs to be looked at, some parts of it are good but others are so **** , i like to do proper career games, go from club to club, getting championship teams promoted and established then move on and say ill take over a team that cant possibly be saved from relegation with 4 games left come the end of the season the fans are disappointed with me and stuff, and also say im a **** club and they expect me to get to the 5th round of the fa cup and i get drawn chelsea away in 3rd round and get beat they just moan all season about it, and even sometimes ill put out a weakened squad so i can concentrate on the league if im in a relegation fight or something but the board doesnt appreciate stuff like that. and also when you buy a youngster for the future, maybe give him one or two sub appearences in the cups and he doesnt play that well the fans moan about him saying they are questioning my signings and things. they always have something to moan about

Yeah thats true. I bought a young DMC from Israel, Kayal i think, for 75k.

Fans moaned about him saying i must have been mental to sign him, then i started to play him and he scored 5 in 20 (not bad for a DMC, with av rating of 7.4+) and they still werent keen!

I look forward to SI releasing details on the new FM09.

Agree with what most say about things like interaction although to be fair it has been getting better every year, it will probably be increased again. And what Sam said about board expectations, like when they bang on about a cup loss etc when you had an impossible game...

Team talks defo need to be improved...if you get an *** man report about them, so much of the time it says 'wasn't listening, not bothered etc'.

Also, for tactical changes/subs to happen when you do them and not 10 minutes later. And if someone scores before they are implemented, for you to be able to undo them; which is what can obv happen irl.

Last edited:
I think more interaction with the media/fans/board/players are a must. Theres so many more ways you could influence your team.

Not too sure about choosing your own kits as I'm pretty sure managers don't really get involved in that side of things, but new kit designs every 2 seasons would be good. And I'm sure that's not beyond SI's capabilities.

just thought i'd let you know roy keane had a say into what the new sunderland home kit would be designed lyk :)

so some manager may well do

Another addition id like is the option to be able to loan players back to old clubs, would be good if your a big club signing someone with potential from say a championship club (eg walcott) as they are more likely to get 1st team experience at old club.

you can do that in a way, just set it so the transfer goes through att he end of the season

A lot less media news items speculating that every player on your shortlist is going to be joining your club! Gets so annoying as managers irl don't have to confirm/deny that they are interested in 50-odd players a season.

Also the opportunity to complain to FIFA about underhanded transfer dealings (ie tapping up a player in public). This could work against you as well as for you. Although if its anything like trying to get a red card overturned, forget I mentioned it...

tbf clubs are linked with like 50 players irl, but in no way does the manger come close to even commented on 1/4 of them

I dont even bother..

Something should be done about a ref making a terible decision, well if they make they consistantly

Has anyone EVER had an appeal work?

i think i had like one. I hate the media thing where after almost every match when it asks you to comment on a dubious decision, cos no matter what you say its almost always wrong and you get fined by the FA. Should be less of these in 09