Whatever happened to the likely lads?

benmadrigal

Reaction score
Is it just me or are there prominent players from previous versions that don't seem to be on fm11 eg- dagoberto, lulinha

or are they just hiding from me?

they fizzle out most of the time :) look at....

Bogdan Stancu
Mika Aaritola
Marquinhos (especially)
Gabriel Torje
Freddy Adu
the list goes on and on....

this happens as these players do not perform in real life...

Dagoberto is still very good though, dont write him off...
Lulinha disappeared after Fm07 or Fm08

yeah i suppose, just wondered if they were lurking in the lower leagues somewhere. Injuries IRL can end careers too i guess
where's dagoberto these days?

he still plays for Sao Paulo, he is more of an Attacking mid now, left hand side, still very good! was thinking of getting him for my Freiburg save... (Sao Paulo got relegated in the 1st season :p)

Freddy has gone to Aris (or something, small Greek team on loan) etc etc...

its relative and realistic as for eg: a bunch of Wonderkids come through, like Robinho/Kaka/Messi/Tevez/Mascherano etc etc of Cm3 and Cm4 (and later of course) etc, there were more than that that had potential, just a handful of them have actually made it in real life...

they are all still around, Stancu is at Galatasaray, Torje is at Dinamo, Marquinhos is still at Palmeiras, their PA's and CA's have been dropped and changed drastically...

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Just correcting, it's Ääritalo :)
thanks bud :p

yeah well most of em had bad luck like Adu others just had bad attitude and most of them got injuries that ruined their career

he still plays for Sao Paulo, he is more of an Attacking mid now, left hand side, still very good! was thinking of getting him for my Freiburg save... (Sao Paulo got relegated in the 1st season :p)

Freddy has gone to Aris (or something, small Greek team on loan) etc etc...

its relative and realistic as for eg: a bunch of Wonderkids come through, like Robinho/Kaka/Messi/Tevez/Mascherano etc etc of Cm3 and Cm4 (and later of course) etc, there were more than that that had potential, just a handful of them have actually made it in real life...

they are all still around, Stancu is at Galatasaray, Torje is at Dinamo, Marquinhos is still at Palmeiras, their PA's and CA's have been dropped and changed drastically...

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

thanks bud :p

yeah have seen stancu, torje and marquinhos. not as good as they were are they? also i seem to remember a kid called juan carlos cherra or something like that, man utd were looking at him irl, has he ever appeared in the game?

oh yeah, heres one. daniel fedheim holm - is he still booting bladders around?

yeah have seen stancu, torje and marquinhos. not as good as they were are they? also i seem to remember a kid called juan carlos cherra or something like that, man utd were looking at him irl, has he ever appeared in the game?

Jean Carlos Chera - Yes, the internet phenomenon ;)

Think he's too young at the moment to be on the game but will be on next years version. Think he's 14 going on 15.

Marquinhos is at Flamengo on loan from Desportivo Brazil, no?
there is more than two I think... this is who you are thinking about...
3565550541_36562de407.jpg

this is who I am talking about... (he was the best Wonderkid on Fm09)
marquinhos_palmeiras_09012009.jpg

marquinhos.jpg

Jean Carlos Chera - Yes, the internet phenomenon ;)

Think he's too young at the moment to be on the game but will be on next years version. Think he's 14 going on 15.

thats the kid, thought he might be that kind of age, til next year then

Adu is still in benfica. got loaned to belenenses previous year. You can still find him at the reserves.

Lulinha is playing for Olhanense IRL, dont quite know if he is there on fm.

there is more than two I think... this is who you are thinking about...
3565550541_36562de407.jpg

this is who I am talking about... (he was the best Wonderkid on Fm09)
marquinhos_palmeiras_09012009.jpg

marquinhos.jpg

No, I am talking about the one at the bottom, he's now at Flamengo..

There alll good players now but just haven't fulfilled full potential, Stancu and Aaritalo are both class

oh yeah, heres one. daniel fedheim holm - is he still booting bladders around?

Daniel Fredheim Holm just signed for Rosenborg, after a completely failed stay at Aalborg in Denmark. He hardly played a game after leaving Vaalerenga due to injuries.