Bodell

Reaction score
Firstly, I wasn't quite sure where to stick this, so it could be in the wrong place.

Basically, I'm Leicester at the minute, and Darius Vassel is on fire, he's scored 12 goals in 18 games, but his moral is very poor? He hasn't come to me with any concerns for a private chat, so what am I supposed to do? He'll play well, and for a few days he'll be up to 'okay' but then soon he just drops straight back down to 'very poor'.

I've tried to compliment his recent form, he said he was pleased, but still 'very poor'. He's still scoring, but he just has the odd stinker, and i'm guessing that's because of his morale?

Has this ever happened to any of you lot? If so, what can I do to cheer him up?

Here's a screeny
View attachment 117407

:wub:

I have the same problem with Mario Balotelli at Arsenal. But I think that's because I have him, RvP & Marco Boriello so if I don't start him for ONE game his attitude stinks the place out.
maybe it's his attitude or he's not gettling along with another player.
sometimes it says on personal 'Is unhappy following differences with a team mate'

Does the media say anything about him? If media are putting pressure on him, that may reduce his morale

Does the media say anything about him? If media are putting pressure on him, that may reduce his morale

Yeah, other managers are always saying 'Vassel needs to be stopped' before every single game, I'm guessing that doesn't help.

Yeah, other managers are always saying 'Vassel needs to be stopped' before every single game, I'm guessing that doesn't help.

I've had a similiar bug/ experience whatever it is, 2 of my 3 clubs my AML (different playesr each time) have Very Poor morale all the time, Poor/ Ok for a day or 2 after a victory but then straight back down. I praise, I gave them new contracts, good squad roles

Eventually just got sick of their jibba jabba and told them I had faith every time, let it go. Annoying though

Last edited:
Has this ever happened to any of you lot? If so, what can I do to cheer him up?

In my Sampdoria save I had a left winger that was constantly 'very poor' morale...

I tried praising him in private chat, offered him a new deal, praised him in press conferences, team-talks, etc etc... couldn't for the life of me figure out how to make him happy. Best I got him to was okay then next game we won, he assisted one scored one and after the game his morale was very poor...

no idea wtf was wrong with him?

I would really like to know the answer too, if there is one..

If hes playing well, then it shouldn't matter?

If you read it properly, he has the odd stinker. It does matter, if a player isn't happy, I would like to know a reason.

<)

If hes playing well, then it shouldn't matter?

It does matter, maybe in half a year he'll say he wants to leave, may have a bad opinion on you, or might even bring the whole team's morale down which will consequently drop their performances.

that's what's causing it. Opposition managers did it to one of my players for a whole season, even if I didn't play him they'd say they needed to watch out for him!

It does matter, maybe in half a year he'll say he wants to leave, may have a bad opinion on you, or might even bring the whole team's morale down which will consequently drop their performances.

I could understand it if we weren't doing to well in the league, but i'm 3rd (joint 2nd) and the teams playing really well, just annoys me how he's still in 'very poor' morale. <)

that's what's causing it. Opposition managers did it to one of my players for a whole season, even if I didn't play him they'd say they needed to watch out for him!

if that's the case why was Mannini always 'very poor' on my Sampdoria save? All the opposition managers were bothered about was Cassano, Mannini never got a mention but his morale was always 'very poor'...

This explains my problem with Ashley Young in my Aston Villa team.
My situation is the exact same as your, he generally plays very well and he receives a lot of praise, but his morale is okay at best. This is inspite being a popular player among the other players, and he has a good relationship with me.
He also gets the message that he needs to be stopped every match.

Same for me on my Hearts save with Andy Driver, even J Mourinho was saying it before champs league game.
It eventually got to Andy's head and the little tw@t now wants a transfer after winning 2 league titles & a scottish cup :mad:

I've gave him a new contract, £5,000 more than his original, and he's still 'very poor'

id be upset if i was the type of man to drill through my own toe.

Christ the forum is slow tonight...

anyway, if you can get players like this guy, and bottle what ever it is that he has in his hidden attributes... (I don't know how to find out so...) then instead of them crying over "<player x> must be stopped!" they'll do this.

this is actually the second time he's been singled out and both times he has scored 2 and made another... during this game though the commentary said that he "seems to be revelling in the media spotlight"