What's the BEST team you have been, excluding the big guns...and why?

medwell19

Reaction score
whats the best team you have been on FM2012....and why?

i wanna see what's the best team you have been so far on FM2012, try and excluded the normal big teams Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, AC milan, Inter (teams which have already got the players and staff to win big)

i like to see TEAMS which have great foundations to build a Fantastic team and go on and win titles and domestic cups and the possibility to get jobs at the so called giants in football E.G teams above,

Tottenham Hotspurs

great foundations, with the players like Modric, Bale, Lenon, Walker, King and 1st season Abebayor on loan,
won league cup twice, FA cup once, didnt win the league but got close finishing 2nd and 3rd
after 3 seasons got the Man city job and season after offered the England Job

great team, can attract good/world class players and can set you up for a fantastic career. 8-|

Olympique Lyonnais has to be one of my favourite teams to play. Pretty hard at the start as you get no transfer budget at all, and you also have large debt that makes a huge dent in your finances every month. If that wasn't bad enough, board is rather bitchy and expect instant results even though the league has 4-5 teams on your level or better.

BUT , they have high reputation so no trouble attracting good players. They have a handful of young talents that become absolute worldclass within 2-3 seasons of good training. They have top training and youth facilities. AND last but not least, they already have completely new stadium being build , which gets finished after about 2 seasons!

So basically, quite a rough start, but if you do well, sky is the limit.

edit:

also yeah, Tottenham is fun as well.

Last edited:
Fulham for me. Decent squad to start, not a gret budget but you only need 1 or 2 signings to compete 1st season.

So far i am in the 3rd season finishing 3rd in the league and winning the carling cup in the 2nd season. First adventure into the champions league for Fulham now. Plus because I have no ties to Fulham its a bit of a blank canvas as regards to replacing players. I have completely changed the squad bar Hangeland, Dembele, Ruiz, Riise and Sidwell getting rid of the old guard and replacing them with young exciting players. So far I have reduced the average age from 28 to 22! Got taken over as well.

FC Twente.
Currently in year 2016/2017. Won the league 4 times, Cup 3 times, Champions League 1 time, Euro cup 2 times, Super Cup 5 times, European Super Cup 2 times, Club World Championship 1 time.
Also as a manager won the World Cup and the European Cup 1 time each with Holland.
Currently the 2nd best manager in the world.

forest maybe slightly biased being a forest fan but after promotion you get a healthy transfer budget of around 20m to work towards top half finish with 3rd season fighting for a euro cup place the club has a decent stadium and good foundation to the current squad

Im currently with Hudderfield town. Joined them at the start of the 4th season with them in the premiership. they had no debts and a small wage budget. in the 5th season now and have a £45mil transfer kitty and a stadium made to 35,000 seats. making around a half mill every month and on the cust of europe!

I will talk only about FM12...
I've one only save: In FCPorto

My team is:

Courtois- GK
Fabio- LB
Boyata- CB
Leonel Galeano- CB
Sime Vrsaljko- RB
Fernando - CDM
Joao Moutinho- CM
Tom Cleverley- CM
James Rodriguez- LW
Hulk- RW
Tomas Necid- ST

I'm only in 2013, and I'm going to win Champions League

Well, I'm not like the people above.. I can't seem to do anything with a team that isn't a top team unless it's Elgin City. 2 years, 2 promotions.

But I have/would like to try Leverkusen. Have some superb players in their ranks (Adler, Derdiyok, Barnetta, Schürrle) and being in a very competitive league would make it interesting.

Last edited:
My favourite game ive played so far is probably my current Ajax one. Not exactly a major challenge to win the league or cup. To make them european champions with continued success takes a while to do. My Ajax team is now rank 1 in europe and the almost the richest team in europe i don't think theres much more i can do with them so will probably start a new save.

My favourite game ive played so far is probably my current Ajax one. Not exactly a major challenge to win the league or cup. To make them european champions with continued success takes a while to do. My Ajax team is now rank 1 in europe and the almost the richest team in europe i don't think theres much more i can do with them so will probably start a new save.

Done that too, but first few seasons were really frustrating due to league reputation making it hard to attract players, and board also expects you always to be #1. Turned out to be one of my longest and most fun saves, eventually i skyrocketed into stardom.

Done that too, but first few seasons were really frustrating due to league reputation making it hard to attract players, and board also expects you always to be #1. Turned out to be one of my longest and most fun saves, eventually i skyrocketed into stardom.
Indeed it took me like 6 seasons to get players like Gotze and Pastore interested in joining me. I wanted to sign Neymar but him or Ganso have never been interested in joining me and are still playing for Santos.

For me Bayer Leverkusen and Napoli. Winning titles from season one. And a little weaker but still good - Montpellier.

Napoli, Stade Rennais or Hoffenheim.

All 3 had great youth facilities and a decent budget. Wasn't long until I was topping the league.

had a Wolves save for 1.5 seasons :)

was good untill i got sacked for being 14th oO)

estrella amadora of portugal.

Took them up 3 leagues and were runners up in uefa.

Leverkusen ATM after managing Everton for 18 months.

Won the CL and Bundesliga in the debut season, but Bayern are still a powerhouse. Some good, shrewd signings though - and £26m for Jack Wilshere - has helped me take Bayer to at least top 2 in Germany.

And finally - Andre Schurrle. Is. A. GOD.

Last edited:
Started as semi pro experience- Went through a couple of small clubs in Portugal won the portugese fa cup and got promoted to the top tier, went to sampdoria in Serie B got promoted, came 5th- in europa league and hopefully I'll win that this season.

Newcastle there team is so underated, With good tactics and cheap french signings i was 5th first season and on course to finish 2nd the second season.

Also Papiss Cisse has been immense for me since day one, so glad we just singed him IRL.

Sampdoria were the first team I played with. Great fun in the first season, mostly because you very rarely lose a game, but I found it very difficult to adjust to a new tactic when I got sussed out in second season and went about 15 games without winning.

If you want a progressive save, where you can get to grips with your team in an easy setting before a bigger challenge in season two, I'd have to recommend them.