What's the BEST team you have been, excluding the big guns...and why?

Was playing with Genoa for 3 seasons. Won the EURO Cup ,Coppa Italia (2x) and Super Coppa. Came close to winning the scudetto also, but drew the last match. I had a great tactic, where my defenders scored like **** from corners and Moussa Sow (bought him in 2012) Scored just for fun. Unfortunately I screwed it up, when I did a huge overhaul to the midfield and results didn't come and I got the sack.

Started a new game with Real Sociedad. I'm halfway through the season, only have lost to Real Madrid and Barcelona. Great fun, this save. Griezmann is a very-very good player. His crosses are unbelievable

Everton so far. Challenge - to reduce the age of the squad and cut the wage budget but make them competetive. Picked up great cheap signings [moved on for a profit] and turned them into Champions League regulars. Am now in a "healthy financial state" and have talented young squad. Its been an understated save so far, but interesting.

everton for me :) im a man utd fan bt i like challenges on fm :) took me 5 season of small progress bt finally got everton in champs league buy talents and build em up :) won a couple of fa cup and carling cups bt nowt major bt who gives a ****

Ive only had 2 games on FM12 so far ...
Tottenham - (4 seasons)
2nd in the Premier League, won FA Cup and League Cup but i couldnt live up to that fantastic first season.
4th next season and a Champions League semi-final which i lost to R.Madrid. 6th year after then i was 15th in season 4 and was sacked in November 2014. I loved my team in this game, Steve Mandanda, Joel Matip, Nathan Redmond, Mbaye Niang and Leandro Demiao brought in.

Rotherham - (5th season, still playing...)
1st in League 2 (Promotion as Champions)
6th in League 1 (Lost in Play-Off Semi-Finals)
2nd in League 1 (Automatic Promotion)
21st in Championship (Avoided Relegation)
Currently 24th in Championship and finding it difficult.
Ive built this club up from League 2 so i love it. I got a board change which consolated my £3m debt into a bank loan this is the first season ive had with a transfer budget of £2m. Ive still got the majority of it left for January. Ive brought players on frees like Craig Gardner (sold for £350k) and another free what i sold for £250k so im making money aswel. I dont want to get promoted for a few more years until ive built my academy up abit more. Thats another thing my academy has around 6 decent League 1 players in for the future which is better than it was. My senior squad is still young and inexperienced which shows at the moment but times will change. UP THE MILLERSS!

Last edited:
Burnley. They have a reasonably goodbut small squad to start and a half decent transfer budget for a Championship club. I am in my third season and after winning promotion in my first season and finishing 7th in my first season in the prem and winning the league cup i am sitting 3rd in the prem going into January. I must say though that when I play football manager I have my own policy of not making any big name transfers. in 3 seasons I have spent £12million on 67 players. This may sound a lot but i think i signed around 40 players aged 18 or under. My under 18's have won their league 2 seasons in a row and are murdering their league at the moment and my reserves are doing well despite having a league with the likes of Man united, City and Liverpool. My record transfer fee paid was £2.5 million for Rodrigo Possebon. I have pulled the plug on numerous transfers if I feel the player or his agent are too greedy. Have found some really good youngsters that even when my scout or assistant say he is only a 2 or 3 star potential I have signed them anyway and they are now 4 or 5 stars.

Also quality players at Burnley
Jay Rodriguez
Junior Stanislas
Brian Easton
Richard Eckersly
Charlie Austin.
These are all quality players that if managed correctly can be superstars