Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

What's the earliest retirement you've seen?

Reaction score
it happens if players dont find a club for like a year and the game needs to clear them out to make regens and keep to your DB size. ive seen it quite alot over the last few FM's.

Reaction score
the earliest i've seen was Mauro Rosales when he was 29

Super Duper Moderator
Reaction score
When I played on a database where all the players were free agents people were retiring really young if they didn't get offered a contract by a club.. Other than that the youngest I've seen is 28, I was in the MLS and one of my players decided to retire, no idea why.

Reaction score
Mine was Vincent Kompany retiring at 27 years was mine.Good for Manchester City!

Reaction score
He was most likely released or his youth contract ran out, and he could not find a club.

Reaction score
On FM10 I signed some german guy who was really **** but had a really high PA.. he retired at the age of 24, I bought him when he was 22

Reaction score
i have seen people reitre at that age.
its normally because they cant find a club

Toffeepops are incredible
Reaction score
it happens if players dont find a club for like a year and the game needs to clear them out to make regens and keep to your DB size. ive seen it quite alot over the last few FM's.
exactly this - every season in the game, more regens are generated than old players retire so to keep the number of players in the game to a similar level to what you started with, the game will retire most of the hopeless regens when their youth contracts run out because the CA is around 10-20 and they have almost no chance of finding a club

Reaction score
i have seen at the age of 22 cuz he was released and when they havent been offered by a club for 2 years the retire it a

Reaction score
Most of my youth players retire at 17. I release them when they appear in the u19s when they're 16, and then most retire after a year of not finding a club. Very common really, especially in the lower leagues.