What's the earliest retirement you've seen?

it happens if players dont find a club for like a year and the game needs to clear them out to make regens and keep to your DB size. ive seen it quite alot over the last few FM's.

the earliest i've seen was Mauro Rosales when he was 29

When I played on a database where all the players were free agents people were retiring really young if they didn't get offered a contract by a club.. Other than that the youngest I've seen is 28, I was in the MLS and one of my players decided to retire, no idea why.

Mine was Vincent Kompany retiring at 27 years was mine.Good for Manchester City!

He was most likely released or his youth contract ran out, and he could not find a club.

On FM10 I signed some german guy who was really **** but had a really high PA.. he retired at the age of 24, I bought him when he was 22

i have seen people reitre at that age.
its normally because they cant find a club

it happens if players dont find a club for like a year and the game needs to clear them out to make regens and keep to your DB size. ive seen it quite alot over the last few FM's.
exactly this - every season in the game, more regens are generated than old players retire so to keep the number of players in the game to a similar level to what you started with, the game will retire most of the hopeless regens when their youth contracts run out because the CA is around 10-20 and they have almost no chance of finding a club

i have seen at the age of 22 cuz he was released and when they havent been offered by a club for 2 years the retire it a

Most of my youth players retire at 17. I release them when they appear in the u19s when they're 16, and then most retire after a year of not finding a club. Very common really, especially in the lower leagues.