Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

What's your longest trophy drought?

Reaction score
I'm currently managing in Bulgaria with a custom team. I won promotion to top flight in my first season, after which I have endured 5 long trophyless seasons of mediocrity.

I guess I handicapped myself too much, as I have the worst facilities, transfer and wage budget for 5 years running now.

Still this is my longest trophy-less spell in any FM game. I even won the EPL with Cheltenham on my sixth season.

I get so angry when I see my team of absolute muppets blow a chance after chance, get sent off game after game, in the last 9 games I have finished only 1 with 11 men (5 serious injuries in the last 5 games). I am seriously worried because I am starting to get black spots in my vision from how angry I get. I calmly take it on the chin, save my game and go on the balcony for a breather, I don't know how long I can go on, however.

Anyone else been in management ****?

Reaction score
it's a risk for an adventurous manager like you to face...play bigger then, crash up, smile up ...
temporarily :)

Reaction score
If you get so angry at not winning why the **** wouldn't you pick a top team?

Powerful Striker
Reaction score
If you get so angry at not winning why the **** wouldn't you pick a top team?
Don't you think he didn't choose a top team because he wants a challenge?

Anyway, I can't really say since I've won the SPL in all 7 season thus far XD your management **** might be down to the players not clicking or enough strength in depth. Not sure which, but you'll be able to figure it out and pick your team up. :)

Reaction score
I never win trophies, I normally quit the save 10 games in.

Reaction score
Don't you think he didn't choose a top team because he wants a challenge?

Anyway, I can't really say since I've won the SPL in all 7 season thus far XD your management **** might be down to the players not clicking or enough strength in depth. Not sure which, but you'll be able to figure it out and pick your team up. :)
You're right - I needed a challenge, plus it's my hometown's now extinct team and I'm never leaving. I think generally the quality of players on my team is really poor and noone wants to come. When I was creating the team in the editor i gave them a reputation of 500, which I didn't think was so bad, until i realized noone wanted to come.

Hopefully i get through it sooner than later.