What's your longest trophy drought?

Tk1129

Reaction score
I'm currently managing in Bulgaria with a custom team. I won promotion to top flight in my first season, after which I have endured 5 long trophyless seasons of mediocrity.

I guess I handicapped myself too much, as I have the worst facilities, transfer and wage budget for 5 years running now.

Still this is my longest trophy-less spell in any FM game. I even won the EPL with Cheltenham on my sixth season.

I get so angry when I see my team of absolute muppets blow a chance after chance, get sent off game after game, in the last 9 games I have finished only 1 with 11 men (5 serious injuries in the last 5 games). I am seriously worried because I am starting to get black spots in my vision from how angry I get. I calmly take it on the chin, save my game and go on the balcony for a breather, I don't know how long I can go on, however.

Anyone else been in management ****?

it's a risk for an adventurous manager like you to face...play bigger then, crash up, smile up ...
temporarily :)

If you get so angry at not winning why the **** wouldn't you pick a top team?

If you get so angry at not winning why the **** wouldn't you pick a top team?
Don't you think he didn't choose a top team because he wants a challenge?

Anyway, I can't really say since I've won the SPL in all 7 season thus far XD your management **** might be down to the players not clicking or enough strength in depth. Not sure which, but you'll be able to figure it out and pick your team up. :)

I never win trophies, I normally quit the save 10 games in.

Don't you think he didn't choose a top team because he wants a challenge?

Anyway, I can't really say since I've won the SPL in all 7 season thus far XD your management **** might be down to the players not clicking or enough strength in depth. Not sure which, but you'll be able to figure it out and pick your team up. :)

You're right - I needed a challenge, plus it's my hometown's now extinct team and I'm never leaving. I think generally the quality of players on my team is really poor and noone wants to come. When I was creating the team in the editor i gave them a reputation of 500, which I didn't think was so bad, until i realized noone wanted to come.

Hopefully i get through it sooner than later.