Votes: 1 2.2%
  • He'll resign at any point this season

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • He wont, he'll see out the 5 years left on his contract

Votes: 12 26.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
See i am mixed on this. Rafa is into his 6th season and yes sure excluding this season and all of it's problems i beleive progress has been made. I have openly been critical of alot of the players he has brought in and the money spent to bring them in but everyone makes bad signings and Lee proved to me that he has made money back from alot of those buys.

I 100% think he won't be sacked. The club cannot afford to. Of all the top 4 sides Chelsea are the only one to chop and change. Look at there record

Ranieri (sp) finished 3rd in his first year with Roman's Millions and he was sacked....I found this very harsh at the time because he was building a whole new squad. Jose came in and won back to back titles and all of the domestic cups? So you could argue change can be good. Then on the other side you take Lee's article and look at Arsenal and Man Utd. I won't repeat what everyone will already know.

I am mixed. I would like him to see out this season...then have a fresh start next year, My fear is that if they fail to finish 4th, The pressure he has now will multiply by 10

I still don't think some of Rafa's signing can be excused he has made some awful buys.

That would have been me. Under Gerard Houllier can you think of any youth players that came through? Now under Rafa there are youngsters like Pacheco, Darby, Kelly, Nemeth, Amoo, Dalla Valle, Eccleston and Ince all coming through the youth system and you will a lot more about them in the coming years.
Erm, let me think, that central midfielder who plays for you,,aawww what's his name,I think he's your captain

What is the point in this thread? Its just Man U fans looking to get one over on the scousers cos theyre having a bad season! Theres still half a season left yet!!

As for Reading, they'll get brought back down to where they belong at the weekend when Forest put 5 past them.

its irrelevant if i support united or not. i just wanted everyones opinion on when/if he will go. i havent posted anything moronic like 'scousers r ****' or other idiotic **** comments. it seems its been slightly hijacked as a thread to say ''its not that bad for liverpool'' though; see lees epic essay.

im not some braindead hooligan who hates liverpool just because someones says i should. i dont hate them, i only ever have friendly banter with scouse fans i know. i just think the results cant keep going on like this, somethings gotta give. and yes i know that this season looks bad becasue last season was very good, but surely your aim is to progress and improve every season as club?

Benitez falls out with players, buys and sells like he's playing a game (...) and limits individuals' talents with his tactics, to accomodate 2 "stars". With man city on the up, Rafa has to go if Liverpool want to keep champions league football.

These rumours and threads are getting boring now. Every time L'pool lose this happens, yeah they aren't doing great, but there is half of a season left. He shouldn't be sacked.

Sing a different tune please, all this is getting boring and repetitive.

liverpool arent a bad side they just need to find a rhythm and how to play as a teamXD

I still don't think some of Rafa's signing can be excused he has made some awful buys.

not that they were awful they just couldnt adjust into english football im assuming and some players might not have the ability to play at the top football clubs in europe:D

Last edited:
ok ok it appears this probably was a pretty repititive thread, and maybe some have taken it the wrong was as an opportunity for liverpool bashing. that wasnt my intention, but clearly the many scouse fans who have posted believe rafa can turn it round eventually. good luck to you, if hope you make the top for, even if just to keep city out ^^)

i understand you defending your club to the bitter end, i do the same, except when someone criticises man utds finances, when i agree with them as the finances are in awful shape, i also dont like fergies 'one rule for me, one rule for everyone else' attitude.

thread closed

Erm, let me think, that central midfielder who plays for you,,aawww what's his name,I think he's your captain

Gerrard made his debut in the season that Houllier teamed up with Roy Evans.

The simple fact is Houllier pretty much cut all ties too the youth team and for the past few seasons Rafa has been shaking things up throughout the club and fixing all the problems and bringing it up to the standards of the modern game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back