When will strikers be the main scorers?

Metz

Reaction score
When will strikers start being the main scorers? It's always the wingers or someone else who score the most now it seems. Strikers since the last 2 FM games have been more of assisting in the area or tap ins from rebounds.

When will you see Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo score 35+ goals? Sergio Aguero and van Persie score ~30... Lewandowski and Ibrahimovic score 20-25?

It was mentioned somewhere I think that balancing issues caused some of this to happen.

Strikers shouldn't be sacrificed though. If anything maybe there should be an ingame mechanic where certain players become "special players" who end up being clutches and scoring a lot. It could be invisible to the manager yet noticeable or maybe it should be not hidden noticeable by all. This mechanic of "special player" will basically be that one player who always scores and racks up the score count to become the league top scorer, or the golden foot winner.

I want Messi to play like Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo to play like Cristiano Ronaldo.

Who else agrees? This issue has got to be solved. It should be a priority to have top players actually score more like they do in reality rather than just occasionally put one in.

Totally agree, i'm playing as watford and i was playing a 4-3-2-1 and my strikers were going 10-12 games without scoring but my AML and AMR were scoring for fun.
something strange is going on.

I just want it to be possible for players like messi to score 60 goals in the league for the AI. It almost seems it's limited to 20 on all of my saves.

On topic for the thread though my strikers are usually the main goal scorers.

And yet, year-in and year-out, Messi is still almost guaranteed to win the Ballon d'Or and the World Player of the Year. -_-

Well I've got Carlos Fierro playing as false 9 I'm in February or March I think and he's got 40 goals I think. I'm only Forrest in about my 5th season and I haven't got the best squad just good tactics. He's playing alone upfront with 2 inside forwards, took about 10 games to get going and now he doesn't stop scoring.

I don't have that problem, Giroud scored ~80goals in 2 seasons, Negredo ~50 in 2 seasons and Aguero ~30 in 2 seasons played.

+ Wingers scored some too ( Navas ~35 in 2 seasons )

yeah that is a problem but if u play 2 strikers both score a lot of goals like in my chelsea save....... lukaku scored 40 goals in each season fr d last 2 seasons, lewa has scored 30 in each season fr d last 2 seasons and torres scored 20 in one and volland scored 20 in one

I play 4-2-3-1 with Striker as Target Man (support) - Romelu Lukaku. Scores for fun. I've noticed that a striker with Target Man role will be more focus while scoring. I have my laptop messed up or I'd have posted Screenshots. Also if you play possession football, your striker is less likely to score unless he's Messi. But you still can't produce the amount of goals Messi scores in real life, in the game.

I play in the lower leagues (level 10) and have seen both my strikers score 25 - 30 goals a season.

Could it be the system you are playing?

This year it's all about the CBs. brb retraining Ronaldo

Completely agree, when I checked both Ronaldo and Messi and saw that they scored so little (for them) I literally thought: That can't be right, it's unrealistic; And for what I consider the most realistic football game that's a true let-down.

Have yet to face this problem. My current strikers have scored basically every game and got me 20+ goals each last season in Serie C.

You are doing something wrong mate. Halfway trough 2nd season with Real (games played/goals) - C.Ronaldo 26/27 - AML/IF( A ); Benteke 18(3 sub)/20 - TM(S) ; Lewadowski 17/20 - CF ( A ); Morata 15(8)/18 - TM(S). Playing 2 formations: 4-2-4 and 4-2-3-1.

Playing strikers as AF( A) , TM( A) . T( A) and P( A) results in them scoring heaps of goals. The game sets them as "targetmen" with their own distinct supply instructions, mixed for advanced forward, head for targetman, feet for treq and run onto ball for poachers. Supporting strikers in the presence of attacking inside forwards and midfielders will play back facing goal and try to create rather than score. This is actually realistic for supporting strikers like Mandzukic.

I took over Torquay at mid-season and Elliot Benyon scores almost once a game, in a basic attacking 4-4-1-1.

Forwards usually get 20-30 a season, inside forwards get about the same between them often enough.

I'm not talking about my own team only though. When I look at other leagues I see that the top goalscorer scores way less than their real life counterparts. Apparently I'm not the only one in this thread with this point of view.

At the end of the first season (league goals and appearances only):

Portugal
Oscar Cardozo 21 goals in 28 games.
Jackson Martnez 13 goals in 16(9) games.

Spain

Cristiano Ronaldo 26 goals in 36 games.
Lionel Messi 26 goals in 38 games.

England
Olivier Giroud 20 goals in 35(1) games.
Robin van Persie 17 goals in 32(3) games.

Germany

Robert Lewandowski 21 goals in 30(1) games.
Klaas Jan Huntelaar 16 goals in 33(1) games.

Italy
Mario Gomez 21 goals in 32 games.
Samuele Longo 20 goals in 35(3) games.

France
Radamel Falco 23 goals in 38 games.
Bafetimbi Gomis 21 goals in 33(4) games.

Russia

Seydou Doumbia 23 goals in 30 games.
Ahmed Musa 15 goals in 23 games.

Netherlands
Graziano Pelle 21 goals in 23(1) games.
Alfred Finnbogason 20 goals in 33(1) games.

Most of these are regular #9 strikers. Some of the goal counts are way off. These players should be score 1.2 to 1.5 times more goals. Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi, and Robin van Persie should have almost should be near the 30 goal mark or above it. These are good goal counts but considering all the games they were in, it should be slightly higher.

I don't have that trouble. On my Wolves save, in my first season back in the Premiership, both Peter Crouch and Jake Cassidy scored 18 league goals each and over 25 in total. And they are not the best around and I play a counter 442

You are doing something wrong mate. Halfway trough 2nd season with Real (games played/goals) - C.Ronaldo 26/27 - AML/IF( A ); Benteke 18(3 sub)/20 - TM(S) ; Lewadowski 17/20 - CF ( A ); Morata 15(8)/18 - TM(S). Playing 2 formations: 4-2-4 and 4-2-3-1.

You could really use a good striker or two.

I agree mate, I had the same issue with Messi and Ronaldo on two different saves and it caused me not to bother with Liga BBVA as they're the only reason I Manage those teams. On a Man United save in my last season, Vidic was my top scorer in the league getting 20+ goals all pretty much from corners. This game is starting to lose it's realness IMO. Set-pieces are over-powered and if you try to play attractive football all you do is miss chance after chance no matter who your striker is.

I've had hit-and-miss seasons with strikers since FM12 to be honest.
In FM12, Robben and Ribery were my main scorers despite Damiao have a tactic revolved around getting the ball to him.
In FM13, Giroud was the only striker I've had in FM to date to score 40 goals(out of 40 games, broke the Arsenal record), Fierro and Maupay were goal machines in their first 2 season on my Dortmund save, but slowly faded away and depended on my wingers to get goals.
In FM14 it has been hit and miss with strikers, Giroud and Beneteke are scoring hattricks in one game, the next 3-4 they go on goal drought(But they still provide the assists as TMs).