When will strikers be the main scorers?

My top scorer was John Terry in second season, he scored 18 goals in 27 league games. Just beat Lukaku who scored 17 in 35 league games. Behind him? Eder Alvarez Balanta (also a CB), with 14 in 36 league games.

Why does it have to be so hard to make a football simulator where the top scorer is the main striker? That's the only problem.. Everything else can be solved after fixing this.

No point in mentioning Messi and Ronaldo, for balancing reasons they're incredibly hard to get to score so many goals as they do in real life.
To make those two so much better than anyone else would completely ruin the balance of the game, every other striker would need to be 50% worse and then when regens pop up you'd end up with some 15 year old able to score as much as they do.

Honestly I have no real issues with strikers in the game, most top scorers in the leagues I play are forwards with the odd exception every now and then when a midfielder has a great season and gets 20-25 goals and ends up in the top 5. I've yet to run into trouble getting one to score in my team, I've had certain forwards who just play horrible but always had atleast one that fits my style and does well.

i must say ive not noticed that, all top scorers on my saves are strikers/attacking midfielders

I've noticed on some saves CB's will have an unusually high amount of goals, on my Newcastle save Samuel Umtiti finished a season with 19 goals. Then again, on my current Schalke save, Timo Werner is firing on all fronts, averaging 1-2 goals a game performing at an average rating of 7.95.

It does help that my players all over the field seem to be in-form and averaging around 7.50 each game!