Where have retired players gone?

Tobe

Reaction score
I am playing a Barcelona save ( at the start of the 2013 - 2014 season) when an email came through linking Rio Ferdinand to West Brom. I nearly spit my coffee out assuming that Rio wouldn't want to play they're. Then to my shock I saw that he is now a Chelsea youth coach. Paul Scholes is also an unemployed coach!

Has anyone else got some players plying their trades in management anywhere else or even weird?

i currently have rustu recbar as my assistant manager and robbie keane and michael ballack as 2 of my coaches, altogether that might not sound too weird, but the fact they were willing to join me at pennarossa in the san marinese league when i started as sunday league footballer reputation might prove otherwise.

Lol that's a few coups there. Fair plays mate.

Im with Liverpool , Have Drogba , Bellamy , Gerrard and Carragher

did heskey get booed? as your assistant
steven reid on my west brom save, i released him on a free and he become u21 manager for ireland and also hates me

Zat Knight becomes an amazing assistant manager 10 years or so in, or at least he did on my save (and he was at Tranmare in L2 or something before I found him with 155CA or thereabouts). Phil Neville as well

In my current game, it's Feb 2015.

Rio Ferdinand is the Man City Assistant Manager - Deco, Thierry Henry & Lucio all Youth Coaches there.

Ronaldinho's a scout at Wigan in the Championship - Phil Neville is their manager.

Owen Hargreaves is Bolton Manager

Jonathan Woodgate is Blyth Spartans Manager.

Drogba's Le Mans 1st Team Coach.

Matthew Upson is Exeter Assistant.

Jay Bothroyd is Bournmouth Assistant (Only 32, surprised he's retired already)

Kanu's a Youth Coach at Utd.

Sol Campbell coach at Everton, Wayne Bridge at Middlesborough, Barry Ferguson at Notts Forest.

Last edited:
didier drogba is stoke manager on mine and steven gerrard manages sunderland...they're the only two big names i've noticed in management so far

Im newcastle and ive got:

kolo toure as first team coach

thomas sorenson (sp) as first team coach

Frank Lampard as first team coach

frederic kanoute as first team coach

Joleon lescott as coach

Clarence seedorf as youth coach

ryan giggs as youth coach

Jens Lehmann is managing Wolfsburg pretty successfully, i've had Totti as a 4.5* attacking and shooting coach.

Im newcastle and ive got:

kolo toure as first team coach

thomas sorenson (sp) as first team coach

Frank Lampard as first team coach

frederic kanoute as first team coach

Joleon lescott as coach

Clarence seedorf as youth coach

ryan giggs as youth coach

Would love to see some stats for that backroom staff. They any good? and what year you in?

Would love to see some stats for that backroom staff. They any good? and what year you in?

How do i post a screenshot and ill show you my backroom staff.

im in the 2017-2018 season :)

Yeah most of them have a good reputation and good stats, anyone in particular you want to see?

Game date july 2027

here are some interesting ones :-
Martin Palermo Manager of Argentina National Team
Leo Messi Coach at Inter Milan
Mark Van Bommel Assistant Manager Werder Bremen
Vincent Kompany Coach at Werder Bremen
Dani Alves Coach at Sao Paulo
Mauricio Isla coach at Stoke
Jack Rodwell Coach at Man City (after he retired from playing at United!)
Cheick Tiote Manager at Southampton With Frank Lampard as his assistant
Giorgio Chiellini Assistant Manager at Sampdoria
Iker Casillas Coach at Valencia
Wayne Rooney currently unemployed after being sacked as Everton Manager (no romantic return there)

Thats awesome, most of them are national/continental and some are even world class.

Are there any stand out coaches? (their stats)

Having ex players as coaches always seems better though

View attachment 252128View attachment 252129View attachment 252131View attachment 252132View attachment 252133

Michael ballack and thomas sorensen are properly the best, i did have drogba who had good stats but he went to man utd to be assistant manager to david moyes, when alex ferguson retired.

Some of those are awesome mate. Where some ex-players for you? Because i noticed their wages are all pretty high!