Which club for young English talent?

Sam FFC

Reaction score
Hi there!^^)
Finally managed to secure a full time laptop, so i can launch my first FM 2011 career..
Looking for a club with raw English talent not in the top four..
I was thinking Sunderland with Jordan Henderson and Lee Cattermole, or maybe Villa with Nathan Delfounso?
Anyone have any ideas or thoughts?

Villa have Albrighton and Young aswell. Villa wouldn't be a bad shout.

there is no young English talent...

its like asking Emile Heskey to find the net...

both not happening... :p

on a serious note....

Jack Butland, Micahel Potts, Kyle Naughton, Jack Cork, Josh Mcecheran, Daniel Sturridge, Phil Jones, Kyle Bartley, James Sinclair, Jose Baxter, Mark Beevers, John Bostock, Fabian Delph, Daniel Drinkwater, Victor Moses, Fred Sears, Jack Rodwell of course, Welbeck, Shelvey, White, Ross Barkley, Woods...

none of these players save for Butland, Rodwell, Delph and Barkley are that great... there are more like Alex Smithies etc who are good, but there is a distinct lack of Potential in England for the forseeable future....

I think he's actually looking for a team to manage with great English talent already, not just players.

I think he's actually looking for a team to manage with great English talent already, not just players.

Yeah im more looking for the club with the most prospects rather than buying them all in..
Cheers for the players though!

yeah I knew that, just stated there is no club really with any good players, hence the list was created for him to choose from once picking a club to play with.. ;)

Sunderland or Villa are your best bets in the EPL... XD

West Ham also have a few...

yeah I knew that, just stated there is no club really with any good players, hence the list was created for him to choose from once picking a club to play with.. ;)

Sunderland or Villa are your best bets in the EPL... XD

West Ham also have a few...

It's between those 3.. Its a massive choice for me because once i start the game i wont stop :p

Do you know the starting budgets for the 3 sides, and also their best young prospects? :D

I think Villa get around £20M for their starting transfer budget in the newest patch

It's between those 3.. Its a massive choice for me because once i start the game i wont stop :p

Do you know the starting budgets for the 3 sides, and also their best young prospects? :D

You should pick West Ham...England's best youth academy and it's much more of a challenge than the other two (I'm assuming you're doing a long-term save). Aston Villa starts off very well and Sunderland is a mid-table side. West Ham is at the bottom.

I would say Sunderland, they supposedly have quite a large budget...

Villa would also be cool though...

flip a coin? :p

I too , think West Ham would be a bigger challenge but it's his first save on FM11 so he might want to ease himself into it before attempting anything major.

Between Aston Villa , Sunderland and West Ham , I would say be Aston Villa first and when you get a bit more used to it try Sunderland and West Ham :)

I too , think West Ham would be a bigger challenge but it's his first save on FM11 so he might want to ease himself into it before attempting anything major.

Between Aston Villa , Sunderland and West Ham , I would say be Aston Villa first and when you get a bit more used to it try Sunderland and West Ham :)

Cheers for all the help!!
Im going to go with Villa, like you say its my first save and it looks like a good game!

Everton have Vaughan, Gueye, and Rodwell who are ready to play right away as youngsters. Coleman, Anichebe, Baxter, and Duffy aren't too far off. Small transfer budget though.