Welcome to FM Base
Want access to our Standard Logo Megapack and P20 kit packs? You know what to do!
Register

Which goalkeepers are good at saving penalties?

Max

Apr 14, 2009
I'd pretty much agree with what Jake said, look for those stats he said, or buy Casillas :$

Jamie F

Surprise *****!
Jun 16, 2009
I agree completely with Jake as I play Keeper myself. I can't add much to it but reflexes and agility, plus one-on-ones should be key

Karzid

Mar 10, 2010
Guillermo Ochoa has never let one past him, he's not my first choice for keeper as Fiorentina, that place still belongs to Frey, but nonetheless he's saved 5 for 5.

Matty

Feb 9, 2009
I would suggest not Kaspar Schmeichel. I had him for three seasons on my Notts County save, and he never saved a penalty! He had more than enough opportunities to do so.

Frooteky

Jun 9, 2010
Maybe it will sound stupid but German Montoya from Velez he SAVED 5 PENALITIES AGAINST Zenit

Montanaro

May 27, 2009
Allan McGregor saved a few in my Rangers save

this ^

The ******* knocked me out of champions league on PKs. Saved like 4! After the game I checked his stats and saw he wasn't like most goalies in the game, his penalty saving was above average.

owentow

Nov 3, 2009
i have akinfeev on my save and he saves more than his fair share both during games and in shootouts saves more than most tbh

winfield

Feb 2, 2010
Alphonse Areola at age 24-25. He's with Arsenal in my save and I haven't scored on them in close to 14 matches. I've lost FA cup and Leauge cup finals in the shootout. He saved the first 3 straight each time in the shootouts.

Lloris is another SOB in the shoot outs. I think it's the reflex skill and anticipation skill that makes the difference personally