Reaction score
Hi all, ran a quick search - sorry if this is an existing thread.

Basically, i thought it would be interesting to hear other's perspectives on what manager you think you are most like when playing FM.

For me, i love to get my team to pass the ball round, playing it on the ground. I often get criticised in game by other managers for trying to 'walk it in'. From this i guess my philiosphy and playing style resembles mostly Wenger, or perhaps Guardiola. I've always enjoyed watching arsenal, and perhaps i've subconsciously modelled my own team upon their style of play.

So how about you?
Are you like me and like to pass through the opposition? Or are you more like a Tony Pulis, taking a more physical approach to the game. Perhaps you like to play on the counter often with wide quick wingers? Maybe you even try to emulate the tactics of lower league managers you admire?

Do share :)

I would say I'm like Mourinho if I'm comparing myself to a managers style. I like to play attractive attacking football with loads of goals but if it comes down to it I am happy for my players to get down in the trenches and scrape a 1-0 win. Attractive football is a luxury, not a necessity!

I love beautiful football!! Arsenal games are joy to watch :)

Never seen this obsession with playing great football, since where Arsenal great to watch really........

Anyway it is impossible with FM itself to just play one way and you can't limit yourself to only playing one way. So i normally model myself on whatever my team fancy, normally though i like a disciplined and hard working side and tough tackling midfielders, they don't need to be to expressive. Either way i like to deal in cheap older players who are the way forward, easy enough can get them free and play them and easily bring through another couple until you can afford to pay for expensive youths.

I'm myself.. I am The [new] Special One.

Im a mixture between Mcleish and Guardiola.

Pep for his wonderfull football game in general, Mcleish with determined and gritty team. Also, if need be, im not araid to lump it to the big man. :D

Well, I too like to play the ball to feet cause whenever I'd place a player as a target man they would NEVER SCORE! But yes I like to play the Wenger/Guardiola style.

I am the one, the only....

Simon Rayes (made up name in my current Sc Freiburg save)

i am LEGEND

legend = pep guardiola but with more clean sheets and goals

i would say the closest i am to a real manager is ian holloway all out attack win or get hammered thats my approach

I seem to have my own particular management style ,
The way I manage largely depends on what team I am.

I would say that I play very similar to Mister Ferguson, as I cheat in every possible way.

I'm like Avram Grant.... **** **** **** ****.. :)

I would say i'm definatley a young Arsene Wenger, there is nothing i like more than watching a 30+ passing move flurry into a sensational goal but like Mourinho i prefer to scrape a 1-0 win than play the beaufitul game and lose...
Tbh if im managing a lower league team then my philosophy is play to win....no matter how you play!!!