One thing I forgot to mention is that I'm kind of a perfectionist when it comes to FM.. I feel like there's no point in giving a young LB playing time unless he's one of the best talents in the game, that I'm only wasting time playing this good talent when I should have already aquired and be playing the BEST talent.. that's why Leverkusen attracted me at first, they have so many wonderkids already in the club. But too high expectations from the board makes it hard to play them.

The ultimate challenge? try Catania...demoted to Serie C/C and you start with a 7 point deduction. I might give them a try!

need some help guys,im starting a save around 4pm today using tff vortex v2 tactic and need a championship club to test it.My initial thoughts are towards norwich,brentford and maybe forest but am awful at making my mind up haha.your advice would be appreciated

does nobody respond here anymore!cmon guys.need to choose a championship side asap but have waited over 3 days lol

Hae a look at Fulham or QPR clubs that you could look to expand and build into the next big LDN team.

So I'm getting FM17 for Christmas, and I'm not sure who to start with. I think I'll stay in one of England's top two divisions if you have any suggestions!

So I'm getting FM17 for Christmas, and I'm not sure who to start with. I think I'll stay in one of England's top two divisions if you have any suggestions!
Depends what you want from the save.
Premiership wise if you want to win things look no further than the big 6 of Arsenal,Man City,Chelsea,Liverpool, Spurs and Man Utd, if you want to try build a half decent team to challenge in the premiership try someone like Southampton or Everton. If it's a regelation battle you can look no further than Hull or Sunderland.
In the Championship try to return one of Villa, Norwich City or Newcastle. Alternatively you could try to revive a fallen 'giant' in the form of Leeds, Forest or Wolves.
If these don't appeal just stick a pin in the current league table and go with the one you select (I've done that before in an Italian save ending up with Cagliari)

If you looking for a good long term save. Try Coventry city. Have potential to be built up to challenge the barca and madrids.the city has enough of a population to build a big stadium and get lots of fans with success and also a lot of revenue through marketing . They have a decent kit that's a big one for me.
and If u get the youth academy up and running you have a massive catchment area to get lots of talent. You have the whole of the Midlands with no real powerful rival to nick the best youth players :)

im lookin for an old *** team that needs some fresh blood and has some money to spent preferably in a top 5 league

Im looking for an average team that can comfortable set up in a 3-5-2 tactic. Any league is good.

I'm looking for a new safe, a new challenge, any good idees?

Im looking for an average team that can comfortable set up in a 3-5-2 tactic. Any league is good.
Watford in England, Fiorentina in Italy, Cukaricki in Serbia.

I'm looking for a new safe, a new challenge, any good idees?
Youth academy with Ajax or Crewe, rebuilding Portsmouth or Leeds, Catania or Parma in Serie C, Tenerife or Oviedo in Spain, OFK Belgrade in serbian second division

Looking for a smallish European team with decent facilities that should be capable of winning their respective league relatively easily but are quite a long way from winning the Champs League. Any suggestions guys?

Maybe not small but how about Wolfsburg, they've got minimal trophys in there cabinet but massive potential

Looking for a European team, possibly not in european competition such as europa or CL. They have the ability to perhaps challenge for their league with the right additions, so a decent-ish squad but with some work still to be done. Preferably an older squad so I can start to move a few players on and blood some youngsters. Would like to have a decent budget to work with but nothing to lavish. Thanks in advance. :)

Hi Guys,

Looking to start a long term, one club save. Here are the two options I'm looking for suggestions for...

1) A sleeping giant that isn't in England/Italy/France/Germany. Prefer a team in a smaller/lesser known country if possible, but open to ideas.

2) Or a club that can be built up and has potential to challenge the top teams in the nation and then developed to be a leading force in Europe/World. E.g maybe a team similar to Eibar in La Liga. Don't want to start in top division if possible. Prefer not to manage in the top 3/4 nations.

Look forward to your suggestions. Cheers. :D

Looking for a smallish European team with decent facilities that should be capable of winning their respective league relatively easily but are quite a long way from winning the Champs League. Any suggestions guys?

It's quite a challenge - but you could try out one of the scandinavian leagues. Malmö FF (16/16 facilities) and FC København (14/8) in Sweden and Denmark respectively is clear title contenders in their leagues. I guess Rosenborg (14/14) in Norway would be an even bigger challenge. HJK (14/5) in Finland or KR/FH (8/8 and 14/10) in Iceland would be a huge challenge and a long haul - and I guess their facilities is quite dull :)

Hi Guys,

Looking to start a long term, one club save. Here are the two options I'm looking for suggestions for...

1) A sleeping giant that isn't in England/Italy/France/Germany. Prefer a team in a smaller/lesser known country if possible, but open to ideas.

2) Or a club that can be built up and has potential to challenge the top teams in the nation and then developed to be a leading force in Europe/World. E.g maybe a team similar to Eibar in La Liga. Don't want to start in top division if possible. Prefer not to manage in the top 3/4 nations.

Look forward to your suggestions. Cheers. :D

And I'll be following the answers to this one, could be a nice challenge!

In FM16 I had a fun time with Bohemians Praha in the Czech Republic. The league has potential and the club is based in Prague so there is obviously some potential there too. I think I won the league in the second or third season but I really had a hard time in Europe.

Last edited:
Ended up going with Wisla Krakow myself. Big city, big stadium (33.000) and a tradition of winning. They've just dropped in form the recent 5 years.

And I've never tried the Ekstraklasa before, should be fun :)

Now that I have some more time on hand I really want to get a long term game going. My most enjoyable saves are always to start on the lowest level. So I am looking for a team with a story, a background... but not overused by everybody (salford)

I actually considered creating my own team, but unsure.

League; VRN/VRS
Finance: Don't care
Prediction: Don't care
Logo, kit, history: Important