"While there's life, there's hope"

• Thread starter Thread starter ZeCarlos
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 62
  • Views Views 9K
I usually only read stories that are old/have a load of replies etc. as I don't like waiting for updates, but you sir, are a genious. And your story is the only one I've felt the need to follow. :D Keep it up!

Thanks for the response mate. Comments are encouraged as it's what keeps me writing on here :) Hope I can keep it interesting.

Thanks for the response mate. Comments are encouraged as it's what keeps me writing on here :) Hope I can keep it interesting.

No problem :). Just a quick question. I'm thinking of doing my own story, with a mix of pictures and detailed story. Would this work or is it better to stick to one type of story?

No problem :). Just a quick question. I'm thinking of doing my own story, with a mix of pictures and detailed story. Would this work or is it better to stick to one type of story?

Sorry for the slow response. And to be honest mate - I think it depends on how in depth you intend on writing? If you're interested in writing a lot and in lots of depth; I'd probably say you wouldn't need pictures. However, I think if you want to write but not in lots of detail; pictures might be suitable. Hope I've helped mate. I'll look out for it when/if you post it up :)

Sorry for the slow response. And to be honest mate - I think it depends on how in depth you intend on writing? If you're interested in writing a lot and in lots of depth; I'd probably say you wouldn't need pictures. However, I think if you want to write but not in lots of detail; pictures might be suitable. Hope I've helped mate. I'll look out for it when/if you post it up :)

I posted it last night here http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...100019-geordie-shore-tale-one-mans-dream.html and i decided to go for no pictures :) but i might include them at some stage.

Thanks for your replies :-) should have another update on some time today. Hope I can keep you all interested.

Continued...

As the match kicked-off, the atmosphere was brilliant. The stadium was full. Our opposition’s home ground had a much larger capacity than our own but I had a feeling they wouldn’t be able to match the atmosphere we had created here tonight.

The quality of football was exactly what was expected. Both teams needed something early on to settle nerves as emotions were running high tonight. It was bound to be a very high paced game.

An early goal would settle the side that earned it; luckily that was us. A quick throw-in allowed Burgzorg to flick the ball past one and nut-meg an opposition defender with a through ball for Meulens. He took one touch, looked up at goal and buried it. It was a great strike - right across the keeper from a hard position. It was exactly what we needed. Come on!

After the goal, we seemed in relative control. It had obviously settled out nerves and we were in clear dominance - despite De Graafschap getting one or two chances which really threatened our goal. It was as no surprise though; they had played at a higher level than us all year and were probably used to a better quality team than us. Nevertheless, we weren't about to give up and we would fight until the death.

Half-time soon came around; we were still leading one-nil.

"This is exactly what I expect from you boys. They're a good side and keep threatening but if we keep playing like this we can surely put this game - and hopefully tie - to bed. Keep fighting and you'll get exactly what you deserve. Come on lads!"

As the second-half started; I noticed the opposition manager making all three changes at once. He obviously felt at least a draw here would be vital to take back to their place.

The quality in the second half dramatically dropped. Neither team really looked bothered about pressuring the other and seemed to settle for a one-nil result. I spotted this; and quickly barked out orders to the team. We needed to attack more and try and get this tie won at home; we had too - we simply couldn't afford to arrive at their place with anything less than a win.

We soon began a spell of dominance again and looked like sealing the win - that was until the opposition sprung a counter-attack we couldn't withstand. As the ball was cleared and fell to their striker, he knocked it out wide to the winger - following that, he made a darting run into the penalty area and a pass was played back to him. He slotted under our keeper and the scores were level. Not good enough!

As I began contemplating a change, our luck turned. Having seemingly thrown away the chance of a place in the final... we clawed our lead back within seconds. From kick-off, Sluijter made a run towards the opposition right back. He knocked the ball into the feet of Ozturk, who had taken position on the edge of their box - taking two defenders with him. Meulens made a run down the wing into the space left by Ozturk. Ozturk played the ball into the path of his team-mate who hammered it under the keeper. Come on!

The celebrations were wild - from the supporters, the players, me and best of all... Rene. We had some how won the game after looking like we had failed to hold out. Despite the win only being of a one goal margin, it could prove to be vital. If we could go away in a few days time and nick a point, or even win it; then we'd be in the final!

Full-time

"That was absolutely fantastic lads! You looked like you were down and out and yet you proved everybody wrong. A great performance capped off by two well taken goals. We're in the final lads! Well done!"

End Result: 2-1

Not really sure tbh. Wanted something which stood out and basically portrayed my manager as someone who believes in things people think are/were impossible - why?

No reason particular. I like it. I've heard the phrase before. But yeah Good post!

No reason particular. I like it. I've heard the phrase before. But yeah Good post!

Ah, okay mate. Yeah I was just looking for something which would stand out and came across it on the internet - having already heard it before though. Cheers for the comment, it's appreciated.

Ah, okay mate. Yeah I was just looking for something which would stand out and came across it on the internet - having already heard it before though. Cheers for the comment, it's appreciated.

Cool. I think it might be in the bible if my memory serves me correctly. Anyway mate. Keep up the good work.

I've just read through all this; I remember following one of your previous stories (and your latest, Norwich, one). It's brilliant, as always! Keep it up!

Just a question, though; how does the Dutch Play-Offs work? Is it not just one game for 2nd last place (in Eredivisie)/2nd place (in Jupiler League)? Please explain! Brilliant story, though, please carry this on!

​- PZW

Thanks for the feedback mate - it's much appreciated.

It's a very complicated system compared to other, more simple nations mate. I'm going purely off memory here as I don't have the game open but; in the Eredivisie... I think the bottom team just gets automatically relegated and the second-bottom and third-bottom get put into the play-offs. And from the Jupiler League; the season get's split up into four periods. The top team from each period gets a play-off. At the end of the season, the table is still added up as normal and the top team gets an automatic promotion. If that team had already been guaranteed a play-off place from one of the periods - but obviously now can't compete as they're automatically promoted - then the play-off space which they previously had get's passed down the final team until it gets to a team with no play-off place already.

Sorry if I've completely confused you mate - I'm not the best at explaining haha. I'll upload the final table when I'm next on the game if you like?

Chapter Two:
The Beginning of the End (continued)
3rd of April, 2012

As I left the teams changing room, something didn't feel right. Despite just earning ourselves a 1-1 draw away at Willem II in the first game of the two-legged play-off final, I wasn't happy. We were in the final after earning a draw away at Graafschap. Having just given ourselves a massive chance of going through, we may have even been favourites now as we had the final match at home and only needed one more win.

I walked along the corridor from the changing rooms. It wasn't luxurious - in fact most of the stadium was the bog-standard type of thing I was used to when I attended various venues for my numerous courses I'd passed. As I approached the end, one of the players approached. Dion Malone - I think it was.

"Hey, boss. I just want to congratulate you on doing such a great job here. We, as the players, never thought we could do this and you've instilled lots of confidence in us. I just wanted to say thanks!" He briefly smiled,

"Ah, it's not a bother Dion," I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket but I decided to ignore it for now, "It's you lot that get the results and you should always believe in your own ability. We're not there yet though!" I responsed,

"Ah, yeah! Nearly though boss, nearly!" He walked off laughing to join the rest of the lads already outside.

As Dion disappeared off through the double-doors at the end of the corridor, I took a glance at my phone. It was Rene; he must have been informed of the score. He probably wanted to congratulate us as a team for our effort - so I thought I better wait until I was on the coach with the team so they could all hear.

I headed outside and gave my belongings to the driver so he could store them on the coach. As I stepped onto the coach, I took out my phone and sat down for the journey ahead. I rang Rene straight back and put it on loud-speaker for the gathering lads around me,

"Hey, Jason?" He asked,

"Yeah. How ar-" he interrupted before I could continue,

"I don't have time for the small talk Jase. Newcastle United have been in contact. They're after you..."

Back