WHO ALL WILL YOU LINE UP AGAINST BARCELONA MIDFIELD IN MODERN DAY WORLD FOOTBALL ?

tp amal

Reaction score
I created this thread because I am curious. I want to know ANTI BARCA MIDFIELD SQUAD.
Here is the most prominent Braca Midfeild player list.
XAVI-INIESTA-MASCHERANO-BUSQUETS.

Please note that wingers,defenders and strikers are strictly avoided.(Messi - pedro etc..).

I peacefully request to my fellow football managers managing FM2012, to come up with four midfield players in modern day football regardless of which clubs and nationality they represent.Please avoid wonder kids, and retired players.

So here is my First choice.
Xabi Alonso- Essien - Yaya Toure - Sneijder.
DLP - BWM - BOX2BOX - ADVPLAY

Thanks and looking forward to your reply.

To nullify Barca, I would play Javi Martinez Ball winning, Andrea Poli DLP defend in DM, anchorman next to Poli as Yann M'vila and I'd not use a 4th CM, I'd use Poli to benefit from Javi and Yann's destroying to pass to the wings ^__^ for those I'd go for the speediest of the speedy.

I play-
-Sandro (anchor) to stop Iniesta runs
-Parker (bwm) to intercept Xavi passes
-M'Vila (cm) to match Busqeut work rate
-any fast, passer with high creativity adv midfielder to get pass Mascherano

Most probably Sandro and Parker will man mark those 2 all the time..

*met them in CL group (i'm Tottenham), win 2-0 at home n lost 3-1 at nou camp to Messi hatrick..

Last edited:
if you talk about only midfield, I won 1-4 against Barcelona with Kovacic (CM automatic), Fellaini (BWM - Defense), and Ayew (CM automatic) in the 2nd season; I have Bale and Paloschi as AML and AMR though

De Jong, M'Vill, Essien, Di Rossi.

you would need a very solid midfield, one with pace to close down quickly and track back quickly as well as an attacking/creative outlet:

-------------------De Rossi-------Christian Eriksen------------Yann M'Vila------------

------------------------------------Maroune Fellaini------------------------------------

imo, u need one destroyer, who is a CM/DM. a creator, like 1 (or 2) amc or playermer, and 1 (or 2) B-2-B midfielder

raikans formation ftw !!! ;)

you would need a very solid midfield, one with pace to close down quickly and track back quickly as well as an attacking/creative outlet:

-------------------De Rossi-------Christian Eriksen------------Yann M'Vila------------

------------------------------------Maroune Fellaini------------------------------------

"Maroune Fellaini" he do provide a threat in the air. Interesting choice.
"Christian Eriksen" wondering why you choose him. I think there are much better players though. I do respect your choice.

Strength+ Workrate was my first choice though, Did not put much thoughts into aerial ability. Good to see you dropping one in midfield.

because I think he is incredible, I would rather have Wes Sniejder or Hamsik there though :) but thought of being a little different :p

Obvious Arsenal Fan. Your reply didn't encourage me at all.:S

Good too see Yaan M'Vill and Essien picked as favorites Upfront so far.
Obvious Barca fan. Lol dont troll him. I think his suggestion might work. Arsenal did beat Barcelona after all.

My suggestion: dont be so obsessed with barca..
But a Diamond midfield.

----Aguero---
Arteta--Alonso
----Song----

De Jong and Yaya Toure deep, Modric and Silva attacking.

fellaini de jong and parker can gives good solid defence
and modric on attack

anyway, raikan is right, maybe i can choose eriksen rather than modric. lol :p

Sneijder(Playmaker)---------Schweinsteiger(Box to Box)---------Xabi Alonso (DLP)

Fellaini ( Anchorman)

Sneijder pushes really high up and plays the ball supported by schweini and xabi staying at the back providing both through balls and tackles. Fellaini stays at the back, presses xavi or iniesta to make sure they dont have much time on the ball.

Last edited:
i played man city with 4-1-2-2-1 formation.. lost 3-2 at home and won 2-0 on away
DM-de jong
BWM- yaya toure and AP- marek hamsik
AM- david silva and T-samir nasri
it works to stop iniesta and xavi but can't stop messi with his dribbles..

Obvious Arsenal Fan. Your reply didn't encourage me at all.:S

Good too see Yaan M'Vill and Essien picked as favorites Upfront so far.

What's wrong with that Midfield trio? there all good enough you just need to use them in the right roles.

In real i would put:

Silva and Ozil to give Busquets and Mascherano a really bad day.

Hamsik and Essien to try and stop Xavi and Iniesta what is almost imposible and you have 2 players who can go box to box and work their *** of every game.

What's wrong with that Midfield trio? there all good enough you just need to use them in the right roles.

I was looking for more diversity. Please re read the first post. I never asked to put a current existing midfield junkies in any team. I gave an option to mix players playing for different teams and nations and come up with your ideas. I was expecting a lineup accordingly.
Regards.