Who are your FM/CM legends?

• Thread starter Thread starter Eoin McG
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 7K
yaya ****** sanogo. got 80 goals in one season for me back in fm11.

I was just looking at this: Leo Messi - Football Manager 2005 Forum - Neoseeker Forums

Madness... I'm not sure how good he was in FM05... but I do wonder how many of these legends did ever make it - as Miles Jacobson once said they are errors.. anomalies that should never have made the cut to be as good as they were in the game (To Madeira.. never existed)

I haven't played this game nearly as long enough to really have experienced many of these legends listed in this thread... (FM13 was my first) but I suppose we will be talking like this on a thread in 5 - 10 years and I will list "Eder Alvarez Balanta - Youri Tielemans - Lucas Romero - perhaps some other great young players"

How many will ever make their hype? (Balanta once being a -10) I hope it's all of them...

Last edited:
Another player I used to love was Mario Jardel, especially during my CM days. He could score goals and lots of them.

Vicent Enyeama In goal, would sign for pretty much any one for 100k. Paveylucheck from Belarus at the back. Vincenzo laquinta had to be the purest of legends however, made defences look like San Marino. Fm07 definitely my favourite

That thread is hilarious! So funny to think that people didn't know who Messi was. The next star has probably already had a forum made about him..

LOL, "is he a regen?" and "shame he never got good in real life" were my favourites!

So weird seeing that thread now that he is the greatest ever player to play the game to back then when no-one had heard of him.
Like you said, there will be a 'new Messi' out there now who no-one's heard of IRL.

Jamil Adam. Helped lead numerous lower league teams up to the prems and gained a few caps for Ireland on the way.

Yaya Sanogo in FM 11 and 12
Bressan in FM 12, I bought him for every team I played as, and he always performed well
Carlos Fierro always seems to be a great player no matter what FM. Even though he's clearly not even close to being as good in real life. He's got 3 goals in 27 games in real life, but in FM he's a god. xD
Mbaye Niang used to be amazing, if I remember correctly.
Actually (according to wikipedia) he has 5 goals in 90 total apps lol.
The ones I remember the most are Mbaye Niang, Alan Dzagoev, Kesiuke Honda (when he available on a free contract) and Oscar, when he used to play for Internacional.

Last edited:
Actually (according to wikipedia) he has 5 goals in 90 total apps lol.
The ones I remember the most are Mbaye Niang, Alan Dzagoev, Kesiuke Honda (when he available on a free contract) and Oscar, when he used to play for Internacional.

Haha I meant for this season, just FYI. :P

**** wish i had started playing in '09, sounds like there were a lot of beasts... Basically i started in '13, so..

FM13: Son Heung-Min(After the first couple of mediocre seasons he would absolutely bang it for Hamburg)
FM14: Keisuke Honda (Free for Newcastle, goal and assist machine)
FM15: Wilfried Zaha (came back on loan, was amazing with United goals and assists everywhere)

LOL, "is he a regen?" and "shame he never got good in real life" were my favourites!

So weird seeing that thread now that he is the greatest ever player to play the game to back then when no-one had heard of him.
Like you said, there will be a 'new Messi' out there now who no-one's heard of IRL.

The "shame he never got good in real life" comment was made in 2012 so fair to say they were being sarcastic. It is funny to think that people might have watched him and thought he might turn out ok without thinking he will become what he is today.

Alberto Paloshi! God that brings back happy memories lol. I also remember Jean Dika a CB who used to be a rock, similar to Stopilla Suzu this year. Other players include the aforementioned Tonton Zola Moukoku, Mario Yepes and Juan Carrizzo.

Back