Who do you think is the best passer ever to grace the game?

St_Silver

Reaction score
What up guys?

Who do you think, out of all the players you have ever watched, was the best passer of the ball. Who had the vision of an eagle to pick out a pass, the timing of a perfectly made Swiss watch and the ability to execute it.

I'd reckon out of all the players I've seen play (In MY opinion) it's gotta be Xavi. Paul Scholes coming a close second.

What do you guys think?

Andrea Pirlo was, and still is one of the greatest passers in the game.

I still think David Beckham's long range accuracy is amazing now as it ever was and IMO he is one of the best that I have seen.

Beckham, Rivaldo, Pirlo and Xavi are the best I have ever seen.

Special mention to Paul Scholes - that long range drilled pass he does is insane, I have never seen any other player hit a pass with such technique - those who know which pass I mean, it is sexual.

Last edited:
scholes or pirlo, the accuracy and creativity of their passing, over any range, is sublime

I remeber watching Platini. then theres Maradonna and Zico. Nowadays theres Xavi, Beckham, Scholes

Xavi by a mile.
Xabi Alonso, Riquelme, Pirlo etc. also great passers of the ball.

Scholes has definately got to be up their. As Ian Holloway said recently. Once Scholes passes..that ball stays passed!

Xavi by a long mile. I've seen Platini, Laudrup, Zizou, Riquelme, Pirlo ... I've seen all of them play, but none of them were able to pass like Xavi. Greatest centre midfielder of all time.

No mentions of Xabi Alonso?

Best passer ever for me though has to be Xavi or Zidane.

I'm not saying he's the best passer ever by any means, but I love Charlie Adam's passing.

But I'd say

Beckham,
Pirlo,
Scholes

Glen Hoddle could always hit a good pass, he even found god once XD

Best passer i've seen in the flesh? Xabi Alonso without a doubt, unbelievable vision and distribution.

Best i've ever seen, Xavi.

1. Michel Platini
2. Diego Maradona
3. Zico
4. Gheorge Hagi
5. Johan Cruyff