Who has been your most enjoyable team?

AndrewLFC1

Reaction score
Not necessarily your most successful, but your most enjoyable team you have been on any of the football manager games. My favorite has to be Newcastle on FM 2010.

In the first season I finished top of the Championship by about 15 points and then the next season I bought Pienaar and Corluka and some free agents like Bolo Zenden and a striker whos name I can't remember and I finished 8th which I thought was pretty good.

Has to be Burnley in FM 11. Finished 1st in Championship by a mile. Then just escaped relegation next season before finishing 11th. 10th,8th, 9th and finally 3rd in the Premier League over the next 5 seasons. Champions League football tired my players out completely and we finished 7th in the Premier League next season but reached the quarterfinals in the Champions League beating BSC All Boys, Shakhtar in both legs and drawing the home leg and losing the away leg to Madrid. 2nd round we played Marseille, and went through on away goals.

Lost to Chelsea in the quarterfinals in both legs 1-0 and 2-0. Then left the game.

i have 2, the first was on championship manager 2006, and i can't remember whether that was before or after the split but i had a great game playing as lausanne in switzerland slowly giving a old second tier side a regeneration and i ended the save with them in the super league for teh second season running but in the drop zone after a few years of yo-yoing. the best part of it was that it was hard to break into the super league and very much a challenge.

the other was a game i had with brighton on fm10 in a world league setup i created and it was featuring alot of new players downloaded from here and various members of the forum from a couple of teh be a player games. i got them from teh 60th league up to the 54th league but gave up the game when fm11 came out. i tried going back to it but got sacked when i issued an ultimatum.

newcaslte fm 2011 11.3 patch - came 7th in prem i got into europa via fair play and i bought some world classs players and got lukaku on loan from man utd he improved rapidly and at the end of teh season i came 3rd 2 points behind ttotenham first and i won europa league so i got lukaku on permenant for a cheap 20 mill for him.. asve game got corrupt :(

Liverpool on FM 11.1

Sticked with them only for three seasons but won the EPL twice, Champions League twice, FA Cup three times. Not to mention the joy that I had watching the team play.

Norwich.
I started off as Shamrock Rovers and progressed through a few teams after making a name for myself and ended up in Norwich.
It ended up being an epic save and I became a legend with them. Getting promotion and eventually winning the EPL.
I moved on to Valencia from there and after a few years got myself the United job.

I really wanted to be back at Norwich though!! Even if I won a corner, they loved me ;)

all time: Standard on 10.3
on FM11: Great Olympics in Ghana

just one team for me and thats Bangor in the welsh div!!!

inter 11.3
im in season 3 and its going great

my arsenal team repeating teh invincibles and winning the quadruple . ;P

I always remember one game from a few years back (can't remember which version) where I got Barnet promoted from the Conference to the Premiership in successive seasons, and then finished 7th in my first season there, and still had two of my original players in Tony Taggart and a right winger, can't quite remember his name, (Mark summit, Walliams or something?) and signed some amazing free players like Milan Baros.

Ah Memories.

rushden and diamonds. 2009. consecutive promotions in 2nd and 3rd seasons after losing in the playoffs in the first. gor promoted again in the fith and took the arsenal job. then got bored and quit

Well, two stand out.

My first experience with a football management sim on Championship Manager 4. Very first time I played it I chose Aston Villa. I qualified for the UEFA Cup proper after "winning" the Intertoto Cup. I then proceeded to reach the final of the UEFA Cup, losing to Newcastle United. I also reached the final of the FA Cup, once again losing to Newacastle United. The cup runs sadly had the side affect of wrecking havoc with my league, forcing me to regularly make use of reserve and even youth players to cover for my fatigued first choice players as I finished 8th. I earned a substantial amount of money for the second season though and added a good few players, increasing depth. Sadly no European footie, but I felt I could push for a top-5 place. I did just that, finishing 5th, a few points away from Champions League football. Third season was a disaster. Player performances went to **** and I finished a miserable 11th, exiting early from all the cups, and at one point I was hovering above the drop. The board started giving me warnings as well. Fourth season was a failure. In and out of the bottom 3 and my young star whom I signed after my magical first season started wrecking my squad by constantly complaining and demanding transfers to a bigger club, so I quit.

I then played a game with Harrogate Town on FM07. I took them from the Conference North all the way to the Premiership, before walking out on them early in their first season in the Premier League to save Aston Villa from relegation. Harrogate were relegated after their first season. During the second season I just missed out on European football with Villa and I saw Harrogate suffer their second successive relegation as they went out of the Championship. I then retired from the game, a hated man in Harrogate.

FM2010, I was managing Wolverhampton Wanderers. I wasn't expecting much from it to be honest, ended up playing through this save for seven seasons (my longest save on any FM). First two seasons were real relegation battles, staying up on last day of season through goal difference (pretty much like a real life relegation dog-fight). It was great fun, quite emotional at times! Third season and my players were beginning to develop nicely, started working my way up the table, 15th, 8th, 5th and 3rd is where I finished in my next few seasons, with a FA Cup and League Cup final along the way in those four years (no silverware though). European football was taking its toll with the players, but it was great to be participating, I had a great season in the CL but it cost me in the PL where I finished 6th. FM11 then came out, but I will never forget this save, amazing times, I have never enjoyed a game so much! Also enjoy having players stay at your club for so long to see how their records for games and goals are after such a period time!

I've mainly managed Spurs and have had a lot of success. But just recently have been offered the Inter job. I've only managed about 7 games so far but am enjoying watching the way they play. Lots of skilful players!

Olimpique Lyonnaise (sp!) done the save on FM10 and now on FM11 !!

West Brom was my fav until now.I had gone 5 seasons with them.I did 3 seasons last year with Celtic but now Im really having fun in my leciester save.Going into December in my first season but its one of the first games that I have found myself wanting to go back to.