Who inspires you?

DeanMcDonnell

Reaction score
Was wondering, we all have idol's etc so who is yours? Doesn't need to be football related can be anyone!
Personally mines is Matt Bellamy :D
PS - looked for a thread like this and couldn't find one if so, apologies! :wub:

There aren't really many inspirations that I can think of, rather than the tacticians of the game.

Mourinho because of his almost 'on-the-fly' thinking to adapt his team depending on the oppositions substitutions or tactical changes.

Arsene Wenger because of his determination to play fluid, attractive football and achieve success at the same time. The upbringing of youngsters or players who are underrated and make them into world-beaters, eg. Thierry Henry.

And Sir Alex Ferguson - because of his work at Manchester United and the legacy he has left at the club to be the team it is today.

I look up to Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes there loyalty to Manchester United and football can not be questioned and I look up to them hugely for that.

Edit: Oh and of course the legend Fergie which goes without saying really

Gianfranco Zola <3 never a greater gentleman in football.
Failing that, Kele Okereke of Bloc Party.

Joe Strummer, he has to be the most driven person ever. And a ****** guitarist like me.

Tim McIlrath [Rise Against vocalist.]

2 words. Lance Armstrong. The stuff the guy has gone through and what he has achieved is phenomenal.

Bill Shankly, an absolute beast of a man: 'My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the ****** world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in'.

:wub:

Carl Sagan, Machiavelli, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Lord Flasheart and Johnny Bravo.

Jesus, My Best Mate Matthew( R.I.P.) and Sir Alex