December 2010:

Omonoia 2-2 Porto
Europa League Group I

omonoiavportoinformatio.png

Another poor game in europe for us, conceding in the 2 minute of extra-time. A win here could have secured passage to the next stage, but unfortunatley it didnt happen. A win at home to CSKA Sofia in our last home match will guarantee our passage to the next stage.

Vit. Guimaraes 0-2 Porto
Liga ZON Sagres

vitguimaresvportoinform.png

The scoreline tells a different story to the actually match, 2 goals in dying stages of the game gave us the win but we didnt deserve to win because of our inability to finish. Hulk had a number of chances to end the game early on but couldnt finish them.

Aljustrelense 0-5 Porto
Taca de Portugal 5th Rnd

aljustrelensevportoinfo.png

Absolute domination, we played a so called 'fringe' side but still dominated.
C.Rodriguez came of the bench to bag a brace, while the boy wonder Babacar scored an amazing hat-trick. Kudos to the lad.

Porto 3-0 CSKA Sofia
Europa League Group I

portovcskasofiainformat.png

Finally the passage to the next round was secured, with again a dominant win against CSKA. Ukra has been impressive coming off the bench and is becoming the "Kalou" of my team.

Benfica 1-2 Porto
Liga ZON Sagres

benficavportoinformatio.png

The biggest test so far, and we passed it. Not with flying colours but nonetheless a win is a win. We went into half time losing and turned it around in the second half thanks to an og and Otamendi header. This win puts us top of the ladder unbeaten in 13 games with 11 wins and 2 draws.

UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE DRAW:
The draw is as follows..

uefaeuropaleagueinforma.png

with us being drawn against Czech side Sparta Prague. This is a very passable draw and i expect my team to go through.

December Overview :
Games Played : 5
Games Won : 4
Games Drawn : 1
Games Lost : 0
Goals Scored : 14
Goals Conceded : 3

:) (H)

Nice kits ;) good story, will follow. 10m for Elias seems over priced, but it could pay off.

First time I have taken a look at this story, and it is really good. Keep it up mate. :)

Great story mate, you're doing a great job, glad you made a story about Porto:wub:
Will you buy Babacar in the end of the season? He turns out a beast.
Keep up the awesome work.

thank you to everyone who has commented, much appreciated.
StuW - thats what i thought at first but he hasnt dissapointed, his passing and tackling has been superb.
Filipe_18 - i will be trying my best to sign him at the end of the season. Tryed to sign him at the start of the season tbh but i couldnt negoiate with them.

January 2011:

Porto 3-0 Feirense
Bwin Cup 3rd Round Group B

portovfeirenseinformati.png

Good Start to the new year with success in our first Bwin Cup match. To be fair to them they were a decent side but lacked the ability to finish, only having 1 out of 10 shots on target. It was a day for the youth with Babcar, James Rodriguez and Ukra on the score sheet.

Porto 2-2 Braga
Liga ZON Sagres

portovbragainformationo.png

Another disappointing result against a big team. With 2 late goals we escaped with a point. Our task was made even harder when Babacar got sent off with more than 30 minutes left on the clock. I take this as 1 point won rather than 2 points lost.

Porto 5-0 Trofense
Taca de Portugal

portovtrofenseinformati.png

Business as usual in the Taca de Portugal. We rested a number of the big names but great depth was shown again. Belluschi and Verratti both impressing. The other Rodriguez also showing his worth with Christian injured for 3 weeks.

Portimonense 0-0 Porto
Liga ZON Sagres

portimonensevportoinfor.png

Nothing lasts forever and our run finally came to an end. Our boys performed according to the result. We got complacent and over confident. This is a huge slip up that puts us 2nd on the table 2 points behind leaders Sporting CP.

Rio Ave 0-3 Porto

rioavevportoinformation.png

Good showing by the boys as Hulk continues his great season. Not much else to say about this match.

Beira-Mar 0-2 Porto
Liga ZON Sagres

beiramarvportoinformati.png

Take nothing from our boys today but Beira-Mar were very poor. We got two goals early on in the first half which deflated them alot. Hulk now has 18 in 29 starts, the majority without Falcao.

Nacional da Madeira 1-1 Porto

nacionaldamadeiravporto.png

Very ****** off about this result ! They had 1 shot on target in the 1st minute of extra time which was there goal. I regret starting Babacar as he was absolute *****. Also the crowd was disapointing with only 5309 supporters coming to watch.

abolaheader.png

PORTO TRANSFER UPDATE :

Fernando Gomes has just came out in a press conference and told us that he will make no new transfers into the team in this window.

23097428079dae52cacf.jpg

Fernando Gomes said:
I feel that we have sufficient depth, and sufficient quality to win everything.

He ended the press conference by saying :

Fernando Gomes said:
If its not broken why fix it.

January Overview :
Games Played : 7
Games Won : 4
Games Drawn : 3
Games Lost : 0
Goals Scored : 16
Goals Conceded : 3

:) (H)