Who is the best foreign player to grace the premiership

The best Foreign Player to grace the Premiership???

• Thierry Henry

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Gianfranco Zola

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Paoulo Di Canio

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Eric Cantona

Votes: 30 19.9%
  • Dennis Bergkamp

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Patrick Vieria

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cristiano Ronaldo

Votes: 25 16.6%
  • Jimmy Floyed Hasselbaink

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Dwight Yorke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ruud Van Nistelrooy

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's all good! But David Ginola wins my vote every day. : )

I voted for Henry. I would of voted for Ronaldo had he of been in the Premier League for 2 or 3 more seasons. But Henry was quality. Made me laugh when I saw Dwight Yorke is he is up there Jan Molby certainly should be. Oh and where is Torres, not the best but certainly should be considered! :S

Cantona has to be the best all-rounder, sure Henry and Bergkamp probably had more vision and talent but even put together, those two had all the personality of a wet cabbage.

Even now, I still pull up my collar and say "Ou revoir" every time I take a peno.

And who can forget the "Seagulls follow the trailer" press conference. I know I shouldn't find mental illness funny, but he is mental, and oh so entertaining for it!

Di Canio was probably nearly as entertaining, but wasn't as talented.

How is no one voting for Viera he is in my mind the best holding midfielder ever and the pick of the bunch even ahead of henry and cantona

Zola, as a kid not that into football he was one of the few players who had an impact on me.

Shola Ameobi the best Nigerian to play in the Prem? What about the likes of Jay-Jay Okocha and Kanu

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

I'm not saying he was the best but what about Peter Schmeicel(sp)

Last edited:
I loved watching Schmeichel in the premiership. David Ginola wins it still though. He's too good for even the poll.

The **** is that turncoat Ronaldo doing in this poll? >.< Lol, j/k

The obvious answer is Eric Cantona.

bergkamp and zola should have more votes then they have

henry is better i suppose but i prefer players like bergkamp and zola

was a tough one between cantona and henry
even though i hated cantona, he was class

henry, zola then bergkamp in that order all legendary magicians which can pull something out of their hats with absolutley nothing

Non-Liverpool player would have to be Zola. That little man was everything which was right about the game. Genuine pleasure to have seen him play.

Hyppia otherwise. Although defenders will never get their just plaudits. ;)

I'm having a hard time deciding between Cantona, Zola and Bergkamp. Cantona is my idol as a Man Utd fan but Zola is by far the most entertaining and footballer I could recall (although I like giggsy more haha). Still remember the freekick he scored against Man Utd, the one that bounced off the ground. I was totally stunned by it. Bergkamp is, well, pure magic.

I believe that even though I've had to pick one out of the lot, every single one of them are legends and have made their mark in the premiership.
I picked Thierry Henry though, due to his speed, ball control and the way he could trick his way through a defensive with a simple flick of the ball