Who is the best Motorsport racer of all-time?

Who is the best motorsport racer of all-time

• Total voters

Kevnaylor

Reaction score
who is the best motorsport racer of All-time? Is it

Michael Schumacher-7 Time Formula One Champion

Ayrton Senna-3 Time Formula One Champion tragically died in 1994 at Imola, San Marino

Sebastien Loeb-7 Time World Rally Champion

Valentino Rossi-7 Time Moto Grand Prix Champion

Stephane Peterhansel-3 Time Dakar Rally Winner

Richard Petty-7 Time NASCAR Champion

Dario Franchitti-3 Time IndyCar Series Winner

Tom Kristensen-8 Time Le Mans 24 Hour Race Winner

Please note Lewis Hamilton, Jensen Button, Sebastien Vettel and current drivers arent there as they are in no way the best for winning one championship

Hands down Aryton Senna.... had one of the best mentalities ever.... 'If you don't look for the gap then you are no longer a racing driver'

If I was to pick (even though you didn't ask ;) ) a current one that will become one of the legends it will hands down me Alonso for me.... He's the most complete driver and has incredible skill.

Watch Triv come and wax lyrical about Senna too :)

schumacher dominated formula 1 many years, and rossi is dominating in moto gp

Valentino Rossi-7 Time Moto Grand Prix Champion

Please note Lewis Hamilton, Jensen Button, Sebastien Vettel and current drivers arent there as they are in no way the best for winning one championship

I swear he still raced??

schumacher dominated formula 1 many years, and rossi is dominating in moto gp

Schumi was very unsporting and had his fair share of 'controversies' .....

Although I guaran-dam-*******-tee ya if Senna didn't die he'd have millions of titles. In the Ferrari years the sport was very uncompetitive as Ferrari had the best staff like Ross Brawn and resources and tons of money.... now teams are getting even more money like Red Bull and Mercedes.

yeh but you cant really argue about valentino rossi as he is probobaly th best moto gp rider ever and he has been in the sport for 11 years now

I personly loved Schumacher and i would normally had said him because his record speaks for itself but.... He said Senna was the best ever and if Senna didnt tragicly die then im pretty sure Schumacher wouldnt have had 7world titles so i have to say Senna.

Yeah but he's like a legend and made Moto GP popular..
And he's an awesome racer... he won the title in his second season :O
This will be his 14th season in MotoGP

I just want to correct you he has been in moto gp for 11 years. from 96 to 99 he race in 125 and 250 and won title in both

yeh but you cant really argue about valentino rossi as he is probobaly th best moto gp rider ever and he has been in the sport for 11 years now

15 years,
Two seasons in 125cc class
Two in 250cc class
Two in 500c class
Nine in MotoGP class

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

I just want to correct you he has been in moto gp for 11 years. from 96 to 99 he race in 125 and 250 and won title in both

Yeah but 14 or 15 in proper bike racing :p

EDIT: Competitve is a better word to use

i ment the 11 in the top class which was 500cc but changed to moto gp

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

i personally would say loeb he won 7 title in a row with 2 different teams. And he is driving in a street legal car and the point you have to think about is if you put Schumacher or any of the other people in a rally car how would they do. Loeb has been linked to F1 on numerous occasions for showing good pace in tests. So for the reason that he can preform in more then just his own field of racing i would say him

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t8QMyuGhdE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t8QMyuGhdE[/ame]

Just a vid of a great opening lap Senna made at Donnington in 1993.... overtakes 4 people including SCHUMACHER

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 AM ----------

i personally would say loeb he won 7 title in a row with 2 different teams. And he is driving in a street legal car and the point you have to think about is if you put Schumacher or any of the other people in a rally car how would they do. Loeb has been linked to F1 on numerous occasions for showing good pace in tests. So for the reason that he can preform in more then just his own field of racing i would say him

Trust me when I say this..... F1are way harder to drive than street legal cars!

uh Jimmie Johnson, won 5 NASCAR championships in a row.

Probably the greatest driver in nascar history

Schumi was very unsporting and had his fair share of 'controversies' .....

Although I guaran-dam-*******-tee ya if Senna didn't die he'd have millions of titles. In the Ferrari years the sport was very uncompetitive as Ferrari had the best staff like Ross Brawn and resources and tons of money.... now teams are getting even more money like Red Bull and Mercedes.

That doesnt not make Shcumi a great driver though, He still managed to win 7 titles, which is a great achievement by anyones standards.

Juan Manuel Fangio. Greatest ever F1 driver. Set the standard for today's drivers.

Schumacher isn't as good as people think he is, look at him now.

I would say Ayrton Senna

Trust me when I say this..... F1are way harder to drive than street legal cars!

Indeed, I managed to spin out a Formula Renault at Thruxton a few years back, it was pretty fun to drive, I was just pushing too hard.

I think.. It was a toss up of the top three in the poll for me. Went with Schuey, mainly because he's the one I have seen more of.