Who is the best player you have signed on a free

It wasn't me, it was the PC, they got Cesc Fabregas, Theo Walcott and the rest of the Arsenal Team on free transfers.... I dont know how it happened, but Arsenal sold their entire first team and most of their good reserves in the 4th season.... now they are like ranked 19th in the EPL.

I seriously dont know how this happened.... I didn't notice this until I versed them in the EPL and missed out on Cesc for free...

Nope, i searched through the news and theres nothing about them going into administration.... they are only on 9 points and it is already March in the game

hmm

Kallstrom for free in the second season had the best performances for me, Riquelme when he was fit also.
Ballack and Deco in the second season also, they did ok but not amazingly

I also got Quaresma who flopped a bit, decided against Ronaldinho (wages were too much), and man utd beat me (pool) to Gourcouff who turned out to be their player of the season

Taye Taiwo and Francois Clerc signed on frees in the 2nd or 3rd season as i needed some decent cover at fb.

Hugo Almeida was amazing on a free in 11/12, played him as target man, got like 20 goals in the first half of the season then stopped scoring altogether!

Annoyingly i forgot to set assman to renew contracts so i lost Insua to Real Madrid at the end of the first or second season.

Weirdest thing was that Nasri decided to go to Everton when I tried to get him on a free(!?)

This season, 2014-15 i will have Akinfeev on a "free" (5mil compensation to moscow :( ) as backup to Silviu (who is incredible) of course :p

Whoops long post :)

Ronaldinho Season 12/13

It sounds rubbish, but I was a a Serie B Club.

james rodrigues from juventus, signed him for pompey in season 2014, absolute brilliant player.

Rene Adler for Man Utd on the start of the 4th season!!!!

Deco 2nd season with Derby County in the EPL.
Slyvinho 2nd Season Notts County League 1.
Glauber & Pele for Derby 1st season Championship.

rene adler was easily the best i got on a free. paid nothing for him, and he was worth 28mil instantly on joining! i had to slap myself and look again! and yeah, thats actually how much he was worth! :O

Sergi for my Marbella side. He ripped up the league when he didnt get unsettled by the media having a fit about him XD.

Ibrahim Afellay at start of third season

valeri bojinov start of second season and for lower leagues it would have to be ***** topp

im in pre season for the 4th season with my QPR team, i just got ronaldinho for free which i am rather happy about because i needed at creative player :)

Has anyone signed ' a gem ' in the first season for free ?