Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that our Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

Who is the best player you have signed on a free

#THFC
Reaction score
Signed Jo in my 2nd season, and he was a good rotation targetman for me.

Reaction score
Signed Pato, in his prime, age 27 in 2017 on a free from AC Milan with Tottenham. Boom.

Surprise *****!
Reaction score
Erm. Mine is probably Rinaldo, Peru international. I was in Ligue 2 in France and never had I seen anybody tear up a lower league like he did, didn't need any really complex role, Centre Midfield- Attack and bang, 24 assists, 7 goals and an average rating 7.8 ish. That save is now in 2019, and I'm not on FM now but I shall have to try and see if he took up a non playing role :D

Reaction score
Victor Anichebe and Pablo Gomez for my Montrose team in Division 1 Scotland

Reaction score
Alejandro Rocamora. Not the biggest player I've ever signed, but by far the most succesful one.
Beside Roca, it must be Marian Kelemen. Signed him as a backup for Julio Cesar, but when Julio Cesar got injured (4 months :s) Kelemen took over, and did brilliant. Sold him to Manchester United for 6 - 7 millions after that :)

Aka Carl Taylor
Reaction score
Tommy Noble when i was in Northern Counties Prem :) Went on to score 44 goals in his first season then 37 in next!!!! LLM FTW!

Reaction score
HATEM BEN-ARFA w. my Lazio-save. signed him in '12/13 i believe, kept him for 10 seasons. lots of goals and assists. Currently in '24 with Biancocelesti :).