Who is the best player you have signed on a free

Noooo you beat me too it! :(

I signed Michael Owen with Braga
i signed owen for huddersfield!
i starrted a new game with stoke and beckham is coming on january.
i must advice everybody to sign rivaldo in the first season. cheap and top class, even physically hes on fire. another player i got to sign is kikin fonseca, mexican striker, hes scoring almost a goal per match.
sorry for changing the subject

Febian Brandy for Port Vale. It's all relative... :D

Mine is Ribery as well and in Fm09 i got Bojan.

david trezeguet for wolves 2011/2012 season
scored a double on his debut againt man united in a 4-0 hammering

Fabio Cannavaro and Dida, 2nd season(H)

Garrido, micah richards,bojinov,dario srna and santa cruz all in my second season with leeds in the championship, man city had a fire sale!

I find that the best way is offer a one week trial to loads of them or scout them if possible. You'll find that when they arrive on trial, the report given by your asst manager is quite a good indication. Look at their history too to see how they performed in previous season or if they were unattached then.

Also people, I forgot that I signed Javan Vidal in my second season. He's young and it sometimes shows but I'd say he's been my overperforming free agent this season. Very happy signing, especially as I may sell him to higher club soon with a buy back price in the agreement :)

i just see which ones have played internationnally

View attachment 40217
Regen who my scouts were racing about all season was on a free at the end :S
Snapped him up and loaned out a keeper

Playing with Newcastle and in second season currently 5th in the league(H)
My best bargains so far :D

i cant belive no1 mentioned yaya sanogo he is only 16 and u can get him for free in ur first seasson he aint great first seasson although he did score a hatrick to sink arsenal out the leauge cup quater finals with man city anyone in the 2013 and 2014 and above should take a look at him he is great yooung talent

My best two has to be ruud van nistlerooy start of second season with blackburn and ibrahim affelay