Who is the best player you have signed on a free

Akinfeev, Kacar, Joe Hart and Frank Lampard :)

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

In my eyes though my best free signings were John Kennedy (second season with Fleetwood Town) and James Ashmore first season. Both quality lower league signings!

Steven Defour. I wanted a box to box midfielder and did I get one!

stevendefourprofile.jpg

Very good captain material, and highly consistent too. Plus, he has very good natural fitness, so he can be the captain even when I am rotating.

Last edited:
For my man utd save I got ribery on a free after the first year and also adler 2 seasons later

LLM (Lucchese, gone from Serie C/2, 4th tier to Serie B) - Tony, Guilherme, Pálsson (sp?), Magnus Eikrem, Padelli, Pietro Iemmello, Immobile, Faraoni, Buono... legends!

Maartin Stekelenburg in my Real Madrid save. He's backup to Casillas but could easily be my number 1.

Lukaku on a free for Los Rios when he was 22. :) epic.

Slobodan Rajkovic(Chelsea), and also Michael Owen. Signed both for Torrevieja(Spanish) in third season, Owen scored 46 goals, Rajkovic had Av Rating of 8.9

Henri Camara, Christian Vieri and Gaston Fernandez hahahahaha

2017- Hugo Lloris, He was on the list of best players, and the best goalkeeper, a kind of new Casillas, but French...

usually so llm so probably in league 2 with Rotherham Junior Agogo in first season banged them in for fun then sold him in january because he didnt want to extend his contract... so i cashed in on him. same with a few other players i signed with him.

Ribery and Srna both 3rd season.

Waiting 6 months for Adriano (The mental one)

Zarate with Liverpool, he was crazy! and Almeida with Napoli, he scored most goals in Seria A his first season.

Ibrahim Affelay.

Bought for £0, played great through the season, then sold him for £20m. Good profit and I had Toni Kroos to replace. Not bad business.