Who is the best player you have signed on a free

René Adler in 2012/13, will probably get Dzeko at the end of the season as he wants to leave under Bosman

Anyone managing a lower league team should sign Rolando Zarate. I manage Brighton, in the prem now but in the dark days of league one footy I got Zarate in on a free transfer 2010/2011 season. He scored 44 goals in 32 appearances. Also 19 assists and 16 man of the match awards. Absolutely legendary! Hes in his twilight years but def get two seasons from him

Also got Marquinhos in FM09 and Keirrson on a bosman as they didn't want to sign new contracts with Palmeiras. Marquinhos eventually took Robinho's place but Keirrson was backup for Milevskyi.

On my Werder Bremen save I managed to sign Gourcuff on a free when his contract ran out. Shame he did his knee ligaments in pre-season!

Signed Ebi Smolarak for Dundee United and scored 40 goals in his first season and then I sold him for 4m

I got Akinfeev start of season 3, nearly nearly got Ribery midway through season 2, but needed to wait to summer to be allowed to offer him the 150k or whatever he wanted, Man City pinched him before then :,(

Gourcuff,Adler & Adriano

Last edited:
I signed Jorge Andrade for Liverpool for free in the first season.

Mamadou Diop for Cambridge, over 100 goals in the first 2 1/2 seasons for me as I achieved back-to-back promotions...then the save corrupted

ATM Kenny Cooper and Tommy Hoiland, was a machine when I got them for my Barnsley team got Kenny in 2012, got Tommy 2011, they were a damned fine partnership helped me get back into the prem, Tommy IMO is the better of the 2 got man of the 5 times in 11/12 (26 goals), 3 times 12/13 (11 goals) and 8 times 14/15 (30 goals) seasons.