Who normally follows Sir Alex?

boogaloochimp

Reaction score
On my 3rd big save [after Everton and Celtic] with Arsenal and after 3 seasons Sir Alex finally retires from the game. Who is his successor? Sam Allardyce! He was unemployed after an unsuccessful spell with Chelsea! I'm delighted, obviously and i'm sitting 12 points clear of them at the top in Feb. But is there a worse appointment than this? I'm not going to question the realism of it because crazier things happen in football. Just wondering if anyone else has seen anyone worse take over at a big club [or even Allardyce getting lucky jobs like this]. I'm also making it my mission to get him sacked.

yeah on one of my previous saves AVB got sacked in first season, moyes replaced him as AVB replaced him at everton, Pep Guardiola left barcelona after moyes got sacked and took over at chelsea, Wenger tookover barcelona, AVB replaced him at arsenal and moyes got his job back at everton. then when fergie retired, and AVB got arsenal in relagation he took over Man Utd i couldnt stand anymore and decided to start again.

think it's different everytime. My most recent game had Martin O'Neil (third season). He then ****** off Vidic

Bielsa got it on my save. It's usually him or Mourinho for me.

I've seen Van Gaal get it many times. then usually Mourinho or Mancini will come in for a season. then in 2016 Pep finally comes in.

The legend that is Mike Phelan has it on my save.

Deschamps got it on my save. Was sacked later though.

I find 70% of the time, some staff member who I've never heard of is promoted (and despite the lack of reality, does well), Mike Phelan often as has been said. Either that or some admittedly good but not Man United level south american manager - Bielsa in my current save.

On my save from 12.0.1 Phelan got the job and is doing okay. I'm on a new save in 12.2 so I'll tell you when I get there who gets it in this patch for me

I don't think anyone will beat this: Martin Jol of all people got the job on my game... And when he was inevitably sacked he was replaced by Kevin Bond... WTF?

Martin Jol got the job on my main save, and Steve McClaren took over on another and turned United into a mid-table team.

Back