who to buy to balance my midfield?

Willem90

Reaction score
i'm in my 4th season with utd, money is not really a problem (still got 30mil left this season)

i'm looking for a good midfielder that will balance my midfield.

Right now my star midfielder is thiago and i'm looking for a decent midfielder that can hold the ball in the team and maybe win some too. I need to balance my midfield.

I normally play 4-2-3-1 with neymar as striker, chamberlain as rightwing,muniain as left winger and moura as AMC.
However i'm still considering switching to 4-2-2-2 (neymar&chicharito, muniain, chamberlain) but again i'm doubting who i should put next to thiago. Last season i often played with Jones on the midfield but i rather use him as a defender.

Maybe M'vila? 55mil but would ensure a good midfield

Last edited:
Sandro, Fellaini, M'vila, Sven Bender, Javi Martinez, Fernando, Sissoko

bought m'vila because they asked 130mil for javi martinez QQ

Moussa Sissoko, Yann M'Vila (55M, are you sure?)...Even have a look at Kara, he's not a bad back-up at all.

Most of the players suggested are good ones. I would also add Loenzo Cirsteg, Andrea Poli, and Kevin Strootman. Don't spend 55m on Yann, I just think thats too much even if he does the job well. Moussa Sissoko is good one too.

65m seems like an awful lot, for any player! (assuming were talking british pounds)

But then, i guess its up to how you like to play the game, some like to splash the transfer budget while other, (including me), like to buy youngsters and make profit on transfers :)

Most of the players suggested are good ones. I would also add Loenzo Cirsteg, Andrea Poli, and Kevin Strootman. Don't spend 55m on Yann, I just think thats too much even if he does the job well. Moussa Sissoko is good one too.
the problem is that every club is asking these ridiculous high prices atm, it's like they know that i've got alot of money to spend

65m seems like an awful lot, for any player! (assuming were talking british pounds)

But then, i guess its up to how you like to play the game, some like to splash the transfer budget while other, (including me), like to buy youngsters and make profit on transfers :)

Ah no my game is in euro's :D

oh and btw, i spend always 30% of my budget on youngsters, i actually make profits, maybe not on m'villa/neymar/thiago but on the rest i made a good profit (i made over 20mil profit on hamsik, i also sold nani for 45 mil :) )

the problem is that every club is asking these ridiculous high prices atm, it's like they know that i've got alot of money to spend

maybe its because he recently signed a long-term contract at the current club. anyways, there are always cheaper options

People cant really suggest players 4 seasons in as obviously we dont know where people are, if they have transferred ETC

you would just be better looking at player search,

although 65million for M'Vila is pretty ridiculous! Wayyyy overpriced.. However, from long term saves i know that priced get stupid in FM and you cannot compete without a budget or paying over the odds

yes there are cheaper options but i needed one right away and i want the best players... I pay top dollar for a good player and i make sure i got 2 youngsters who play at the same position for the upcomming years. If one of them turns out to be ****, i sell em and buy new youngsters.

People cant really suggest players 4 seasons in as obviously we dont know where people are, if they have transferred ETC

you would just be better looking at player search,

although 65million for M'Vila is pretty ridiculous! Wayyyy overpriced.. However, from long term saves i know that priced get stupid in FM and you cannot compete without a budget or paying over the odds
true, 4th season is far in but still possible :)
in my eyes, 65 million, that's about 40mil pounds i guess, isn't so expensive for me. I have 2 youngsters who aren't ready to play at the highest level yet and i want to win the league and the CL every year. It's all about return on investment, i paid 65 mil but i'll sell the player for 40mil in 4years or so.

A 20mil loss is nothing when you win the title and CL in the year you bought him.

for the ppl who are interested, this is my squad atm:

Def: smalling, jones, jordi alba, fabio, zouma, papadopoulos
Mid: muniain, thiago, kagawa, chamberlain, m'vila, joel valencia, lucas moura, cleverly, adryan
Att: welbeck, herandez, neymar, fierro

Last edited:
i got m'vila for 65mil :)

M'vila??? It's between 30 and 34M euros at the start, and between 18 and 22M if he wants to leave his club.
His price depends on his: age, contract lenght, performance, Current Ability, Potential Ability (175), reputation...
There's absolutelly no chance for the Stade Rennais to win the Champions league, so no way you pay 65M for this player... :$

M'vila??? It's between 30 and 34M euros at the start, and between 18 and 22M if he wants to leave his club.
His price depends on his: age, contract lenght, performance, Current Ability, Potential Ability (175), reputation...
There's absolutelly no chance for the Stade Rennais to win the Champions league, so no way you pay 65M for this player... :$
I tried to buy him the first season, they asked 38mil euro. I didnt have the money so i dropped it. I tried the next year but the price already rose to 45mil. One time they even asked 88mil.

Its like when i tried to buy Kroos in the first year, they asked 130mil for him.

After that he kept renewing his contract and such. Imo, in FM12, players stay way too long with their clubs, even when they are not top clubs. Porto and ath madrid are a good example of that. They keep alot of their players by asking ridiculous prices.

4th season in and porto still has hulk and rodriguez.

Last edited:
how is that even possible? 65M!!! are you City or United here? I signed him for 25-30M every single time!