Who to Replace Rooney? Capello's Dilemma After Red Mist

At the end of the day, it's gotta be Bobby Zamora. Simple as that.

I pride myself in footballing phrases.

4-2-3-1

Hart

Johnson - Terry - Ferdinand - Cole

Parker - Gerrard

Young - Lampard - Walcott/Lennon

Carroll/Bent

That would be my choice :)

Pearcesport James Pearce

Breaking - UEFA has banned Wayne Rooney for 3 matches. He'll miss all of England's group matches at Euro 2012

3 games?! Is that a ******* joke? What an absolute pisstake. UEFA are really taking the ****. Absolute disgrace. Something dodgy going on there and I don't care if i get called paranoid, but something smells well fishy. FU UEFA you bunch of useless tossers. I'm livid with that.

Well done UEFA for giving FA taste of their own medicine.

Surely England should qualify for KO rounds without Rooney. I dont think they are that bad.

Surely England should qualify for KO rounds without Rooney. I dont think they are that bad.

What do you mean? Giving the FA a taste of their own medicine?

And we should qualify for the KO rounds, but knowing England they probably wont.

BRING HESKEY BACK!

Wow, 3 games ban, too bad, well he kicked that other guy, he deserves it, the only thing you're supposed to kick is the ball, and he does it quite well, why change eh?

since when has England become a one-man team... some of you are talking like Rooney is the heart and soul of the team and without him we are ******, **** if that was true then we might as well write off every major tournament we ever compete it

We can easily qualify as long as the players believe in themselves and someone steps up

What do you mean? Giving the FA a taste of their own medicine?

And we should qualify for the KO rounds, but knowing England they probably wont.

Ban Rooney for anything and everything like they banned him for swearing and also banned for getting Red Card in pre season friendly.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

since when has England become a one-man team... some of you are talking like Rooney is the heart and soul of the team and without him we are ******, **** if that was true then we might as well write off every major tournament we ever compete it

We can easily qualify as long as the players believe in themselves and someone steps up

Never said that, in fact I said England should qualify with or without Rooney.

I'm actually very pleased with England's options to replace Rooney. The only real area we are lacking as a nation is a quality international striker - Carroll, Defoe, Bent, Crouch, Zamora have all had their chances and failed to really impress. I'm really hoping that Welbeck and Sturridge can continue their form and maintain fitness throughout the season, they are the future of english football.

CM - Parker, Huddlestone, Rodwell, Wilshere, Lampard, Cleverley, Delph
AMC - Gerrard, Rooney, Sturridge, Young, Cleverley, Wilshere
AMR - Walcott, Johnson, Sturridge, Lennon, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Welbeck
AML - Young, Downing, Johnson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Welbeck
ST - Welbeck, Sturridge, Rooney, Walcott

Given the players that can play in multiple positions, this could really allow a fluidity to our play that could be far more effective and entertaining to watch. It's just a shame that both Capello and the circumstances of international football probably don't allow for that creative expression to truly blossom.

FA will appeal. Odds on it will fall to two games

I'm actually very pleased with England's options to replace Rooney. The only real area we are lacking as a nation is a quality international striker - Carroll, Defoe, Bent, Crouch, Zamora have all had their chances and failed to really impress.

Had high hopes on Defoe. Also back up keeper.

I'm actually very pleased with England's options to replace Rooney. The only real area we are lacking as a nation is a quality international striker - Carroll, Defoe, Bent, Crouch, Zamora have all had their chances and failed to really impress. I'm really hoping that Welbeck and Sturridge can continue their form and maintain fitness throughout the season, they are the future of english football.

CM - Parker, Huddlestone, Rodwell, Wilshere, Lampard, Cleverley, Delph
AMC - Gerrard, Rooney, Sturridge, Young, Cleverley, Wilshere
AMR - Walcott, Johnson, Sturridge, Lennon, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Welbeck
AML - Young, Downing, Johnson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Welbeck
ST - Welbeck, Sturridge, Rooney, Walcott

Given the players that can play in multiple positions, this could really allow a fluidity to our play that could be far more effective and entertaining to watch. It's just a shame that both Capello and the circumstances of international football probably don't allow for that creative expression to truly blossom.

Bent is more than capable, definitely has started taking his chances, Gabby deserves a chance too, only fitness kept him out last time

Bent is more than capable, definitely has started taking his chances, Gabby deserves a chance too, only fitness kept him out last time

Yeah good shout with Agbonlahor. I'm quite sure that opinions of many players will be subject to change over the coming months, but I've never felt comfortable watching Bent play for England. He is very good at what he does but I think his style of play isn't well suited for international football. That said, Hernandez has been tearing it up for Mexico so perhaps there is hope, but the majority of teams that play England just sit deep and absorb the pressure. In my opinion, Welbeck is the better option because he can come deep, work the channels and has great pace and work rate. I really have high hopes for he and Sturridge.

FA will appeal. Odds on it will fall to two games

Why does this country always get the rough end of the deal with UEFA and Platini? This has really peeved me something rotten bearing in mind Arshavin got a 2 match ban for violent conduct against Andorra in 2007. So why 3? Especially considering he showed no dissent leaving the pitch, and even wrote a letter. This is nothing more than making an example of Rooney, simply because he's Wayne Rooney and plays for England.

And if the appeal fails, won't the ban get increased?

3 games?! Is that a ******* joke? What an absolute pisstake. UEFA are really taking the ****. Absolute disgrace. Something dodgy going on there and I don't care if i get called paranoid, but something smells well fishy. FU UEFA you bunch of useless tossers. I'm livid with that.

What a load of rubbish. Now obviously I didn't want him to get a 3 game ban because he's a vital part of the team, and we have a lot better chance of getting out of the group stages with him, but that doesn't mean he didn't deserve it.

Yeah good shout with Agbonlahor. I'm quite sure that opinions of many players will be subject to change over the coming months, but I've never felt comfortable watching Bent play for England. He is very good at what he does but I think his style of play isn't well suited for international football. That said, Hernandez has been tearing it up for Mexico so perhaps there is hope, but the majority of teams that play England just sit deep and absorb the pressure. In my opinion, Welbeck is the better option because he can come deep, work the channels and has great pace and work rate. I really have high hopes for he and Sturridge.

With Bent, when you force teams to defend deep you stretch them, either teh whole side compacts and gives up the attacking advantage, or they leaves gaps inbetween the strata. when that happens, players in the whole get lots more space. You might shut down bent a bit, but then you leave gerrard/wilshere in acres of space. They have just transferred the threat. Especially if the man in the hole is an on form Gerrard

Why does this country always get the rough end of the deal with UEFA and Platini? This has really peeved me something rotten bearing in mind Arshavin got a 2 match ban for violent conduct against Andorra in 2007. So why 3? Especially considering he showed no dissent leaving the pitch, and even wrote a letter. This is nothing more than making an example of Rooney, simply because he's Wayne Rooney and plays for England.

And if the appeal fails, won't the ban get increased?

Schweinstiger got 2 match ban in Euro 2008 for even worse incident.

And no ban wont get increased.