Who will win UEFA EURO 2012?

Who will win UEFA EURO 2012?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Germany- very exciting youngsters, as well as having a typical Germanic disciplined side. My thoughts on Holland: the Dutch will find some way to implode they always do, apart from 2010...

Strong showings from Spain, Italy, France.

Last edited:
The Germans look like real favourites. But if you remember EURO 2004, anything can happen.

I voted Germany but I have to say I'm surprised to see that the majority of people are following my way of thinking on the pole. I think Spain have a marginally better team and will probably be considered top favourites, but you know what the Germans are like. They finished 3rd (I think?) in the world cup with the same team when most of this crop were still in nappies. I think they'll be ready for it this time. Ozil to be named player of the tournament.

You may all think I am talking **** but I picked Greece to win 2004, my mate who is Cypriat asked me and I said Greece about a week before the tournament, he thought I was having him on and bullshitting him!

Semi Final #1:

France vs Germany

Semi Final #2:

Russia vs Italy

Winners:

France

Spain I think this time are not going to perform as well as they would like! England (who I support) might get into the Semi's but will get through the group and most likely be knocked out by Russia/Italy

Russia are my dark horses this year like Greece were back in 04! Due to their relatively easier group I think they could upset quite a few teams!

The French players are all having a good season, Benzema, Nasri (only near the end yes) Ribery, Lloris, Evra etc! I think they have put WC 2010 behind them and want to start winning tournaments again!

That is all

I would actually disagree and say Evra had a poor season, or poorer than his usual standards, his defending was woeful at times this season for United.

I do agree that he was not at his best but he is still one of the best left backs in the world!

I am going to vote for my own country, Portugal. If our players can give 100%, and Ronaldo can continue his form, i can see us doing a surprise.. Still , it's going to be hard, our group is pretty fucke up, Germany, NL and Denmark.. So, i'll just hope we can do something good :D

Even though I live in The Netherlands, I am a massive Spain fan of how they play together. But I can see some surprises in this EURO Championship. Spain or Germany to win this year.

Germany. Some great players and great tactics. They are the team to beat.

Although, a bit of luck going our way, I can see England having a strong showing.

Popular choices would be Spain and Germany and I also feel one of those teams will lift the trophy. They are too strong

I can see the Dutch putting up a strong showing as well along with France

Gotta feeling that Italy are going surprise everyone, backbone of their team all play for Juventus who went unbeaten in the league. Going for a Germany - Italy final with Italy winning 2-1.

Either Holland or France that I would like to see in the latter stages of the tournament, but Italy, Germany and maybe Portugal could do it. Spain are an outside bet for me, not sure why.

Italy.

Dark horse like France these days. Expecting them to do well.

Im going to have a sneaky tenner on France. I've been impressed with them since the disaster of the last world cup.

Germany. They have such a strong, young talented squad and I really think that Bayern, sorry I mean Germany will want revenge after the Champions League final.

Germany, Netherlands, England(yes) or Croatia(yes, I'm serious). Spain are no contenders for me aswell.

I think the main contenders of this title, on paper, are Spain, Germany, Holland and France. However, Italy, Russia and Poland are all good sides, and placed well in qualifying. However, anything can happen, as Greece showed in 2004; and I am going to place my bet on Russia. They have a good coach (**** Advocaat), they placed well in qualifying (finishing top of their group) and are virtually on home soil (I'm sure many Russians will make the short trip to Poland).

I'm really looking forward to this tournament, I love tournament, non-stop football! I'm sure it will be a great viewing, with competition so fierce this year. I doubt England will do well, though, unfortunately; but we can always dream!

​- PZW

Denmark. :wub:

You heard it here first...
- No, honestly I believe we can repeat what we did in '92... No one expected us to win back then either.

Denmark. :wub:

You heard it here first...
- No, honestly I believe we can repeat what we did in '92... No one expected us to win back then either.

Just saw that story thread too. :p I don't think they'll come up that good this year. Okay, still better than us, Hungary, we can't even qualify.