Who will win UEFA EURO 2012?

Who will win UEFA EURO 2012?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Russia beat Italy 3- 0. Third consecutive loss for the Azzuri without scoring. Buffon picked up an injury too. Not looking good for them.

Lulled into a false sense of security gentlemen.

All goals came after Buffon came out. Defense looked lot less organised in second half.

We are all going to look like right dickheads if Czech Republic win it.

I honestly think they are looking for an excuse to leave the tournament.

Prandelli said he would understand if they did get kicked out of the tournament... Strange as they had such good qualifying, and a good squad.

Lulled into a false sense of security gentlemen.

I was actually hoping they'd do really well, as long as it doesn't get in the way of England's progress.

All goals came after Buffon came out. Defense looked lot less organised in second half.

Saw the game, your right didn't look convincing at the back. Wouldn't count Italy out though, failure at 2010 was bad enough, I don't think they can afford to slip up again.

Prandelli said he would understand if they did get kicked out of the tournament... Strange as they had such good qualifying, and a good squad.

I was actually hoping they'd do really well, as long as it doesn't get in the way of England's progress.

Saw the game, your right didn't look convincing at the back. Wouldn't count Italy out though, failure at 2010 was bad enough, I don't think they can afford to slip up again.

Not kicked, but pull out themselves. Think they should stay TBH. Try and and generate something positive from all this.

I am putting my money on Holland. A bit patriotic and a bit wise (I hope). With the team they have they can beat everybody.
Topscorer of Germany or England as a Striker. Robben and Affelay on the wings. Sneijder, Van Bommel and De Jong on Midfield.
Van der Wiel, Heitinga and Matthijsen in defence. Stekelenburg (or Krul or Vorm if injured) The only problem is the leftback position. I hope he tries to play with Willems there. I am no fan of him but he had a few good friendly matches and is 18 years and very talented. Other player could be Bouma or Schaars.

My money's on Holland reaching the final, beating Spain on the way there. The team, minus one centre-back and a left-back, is truly formidable. Van Persie and Huntelaar are machines, Robben has his off days but when he doesn't is lethal, Sneijder is as good as ever and Van Bommel and De Jong provide a stable platform. I really rate Heitinga too, Van der Wiel's an excellent right-back and Stekelenburg's as solid a keeper as anyone, but I'm just not sure about Matthijsen or whoever the incumbent left-back is (presumably Pieters or Braafheid).

Also, Bouma. <3

Not kicked, but pull out themselves. Think they should stay TBH. Try and and generate something positive from all this.

I thought he said something along the lines of, he'd understand if they were removed if it were for the good of football. Today they are trying to draw something positive, Prandelli said that a heavy defeat is good sometimes.

I thought he said something along the lines of, he'd understand if they were removed if it were for the good of football. Today they are trying to draw something positive, Prandelli said that a heavy defeat is good sometimes.

That was in reference to the PM? ( a senior minister anyway) who said that perhaps the game should be suspended a few years to clean it up.

My money's on Holland reaching the final, beating Spain on the way there. The team, minus one centre-back and a left-back, is truly formidable. Van Persie and Huntelaar are machines, Robben has his off days but when he doesn't is lethal, Sneijder is as good as ever and Van Bommel and De Jong provide a stable platform. I really rate Heitinga too, Van der Wiel's an excellent right-back and Stekelenburg's as solid a keeper as anyone, but I'm just not sure about Matthijsen or whoever the incumbent left-back is (presumably Pieters or Braafheid).

Also, Bouma. <3

I'd agree with this, and they've got some nice depth as well - Bringing on players like Kuyt and Van Der Vaart is hardly an issue.

A player to watch out for in this tournament, Marco Reus for Germany. Been absolutely immense for Borrusia Mochengladbach and looks an extremely good player, if not the finished article quiet yet, wish he was English though.

A player to watch out for in this tournament, Marco Reus for Germany. Been absolutely immense for Borrusia Mochengladbach and looks an extremely good player, if not the finished article quiet yet, wish he was English though.

Not only Reus, but also Schuller. Götze pretty obvious also.

Not only Reus, but also Schuller. Götze pretty obvious also.

Everyone knows Gotze ;) Good point about Schuller though, unfortunately I don't see him getting much game time at the Euro's due to the amount of talent Germany has in that squad.

Everyone knows Gotze ;) Good point about Schuller though, unfortunately I don't see him getting much game time at the Euro's due to the amount of talent Germany has in that squad.

Well he scored amazing goal against Israel couple days ago. Can see him coming on for either Muller or Podolski if goals arent coming.

I'm gonna say France, they are unbeaten in 20 games and with players like M'Villa, Nasri, Benzema, Ribery, Menez, Sakho, Koscielny.. they have a very good chance..

I would like to say England obviously, but the team we have right now is an absolute joke! I mean how can any Liverpool player be considered from last season's performance? Other than Gerrard and maybe Glen Johnson after Kyle Walker got injured, no other Liverpool player deserves to be there..

Just lost another player in Cahill to injury, so the stand by gets called in.. Not Micah Richards, not Rio Ferdinand.. But Martin Kelly! What has Micah Richards done to be constantly ignored at international level? He had a good season, played a little sense during the 2nd half of the season but definitely warranted a place ahead of Glen Johnson and 100% over Martin Kelly! Plus he can cover right back and center.. I won't even start with Stewart Downing.. 36 games, 0 goals, 0 assists.. ahead of Adam Johnson.. God forbid Scott Parker gets injured, he will end up replacing him with Jay Spearing!

Suprised Ireland hasnt been mentioned much. Sure were outsiders but were unbeaten in our last 14 games and kept 11 clean sheets in that period. With Trapatonni we resemble how the Italy team used to be. Solid at the back and you dont lose a game if you dont concede.

Suprised Ireland hasnt been mentioned much. Sure were outsiders but were unbeaten in our last 14 games and kept 11 clean sheets in that period. With Trapatonni we resemble how the Italy team used to be. Solid at the back and you dont lose a game if you dont concede.

You're surprised that Ireland haven't been mentioned in a thread titled "Who will win EURO 2012"? Really? Not taking anything away from the Ireland team - especially after 2004 made it clear that dismissing outsiders straight off the bat is foolish - but you surely can't be surprised you haven't been mentioned as a potential winner.

That said, I've got a couple of quid on you making the quarters, so hey ho.

I'm gonna say France, they are unbeaten in 20 games and with players like M'Villa, Nasri, Benzema, Ribery, Menez, Sakho, Koscielny.. they have a very good chance..

I would like to say England obviously, but the team we have right now is an absolute joke! I mean how can any Liverpool player be considered from last season's performance? Other than Gerrard and maybe Glen Johnson after Kyle Walker got injured, no other Liverpool player deserves to be there..

Just lost another player in Cahill to injury, so the stand by gets called in.. Not Micah Richards, not Rio Ferdinand.. But Martin Kelly! What has Micah Richards done to be constantly ignored at international level? He had a good season, played a little sense during the 2nd half of the season but definitely warranted a place ahead of Glen Johnson and 100% over Martin Kelly! Plus he can cover right back and center.. I won't even start with Stewart Downing.. 36 games, 0 goals, 0 assists.. ahead of Adam Johnson.. God forbid Scott Parker gets injured, he will end up replacing him with Jay Spearing!

Lol :) agree with your comments, if you read mine I said the same thing with France, I think its their time to shine again! Russia are my darkhorses (as stated before the Italy romping)

No idea why you will leave out Rio Ferdinand, even in the first place! Downing is a 3rd of the player he was last season! Carrol over Crouch, please! No Daniel Sturridge who covers left wing/right wing and striker...

Lol :) agree with your comments, if you read mine I said the same thing with France, I think its their time to shine again! Russia are my darkhorses (as stated before the Italy romping)

No idea why you will leave out Rio Ferdinand, even in the first place! Downing is a 3rd of the player he was last season! Carrol over Crouch, please! No Daniel Sturridge who covers left wing/right wing and striker...

Not to mention a manager who would play defensively against Northern Ireland!