Who will win UEFA EURO 2012?

Who will win UEFA EURO 2012?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Suprised Ireland hasnt been mentioned much. Sure were outsiders but were unbeaten in our last 14 games and kept 11 clean sheets in that period. With Trapatonni we resemble how the Italy team used to be. Solid at the back and you dont lose a game if you dont concede.

Maybe unbeaten, but TBF none of the teams are that good, apart from the Italy win. 6 draws in there too. Teams like Macedonia, Slovakia, Russia, Andorra, Armenia, Estonia, Czech Republic, Bosnia & Hungary aren't going to strike fear into Spain etc.

£50 free bet with Paddy Power.

66/1 on Czech Republic. Approx £3000 returns. Mon the Czechs!

Maybe unbeaten, but TBF none of the teams are that good, apart from the Italy win. 6 draws in there too. Teams like Macedonia, Slovakia, Russia, Andorra, Armenia, Estonia, Czech Republic, Bosnia & Hungary aren't going to strike fear into Spain etc.

Russia actually have a good team, may not be Spain but they certainly have a very good football team, expect them to do well at the Euro's.

Russia actually have a good team, may not be Spain but they certainly have a very good football team, expect them to do well at the Euro's.

Yeah, but they aren't world-class.

Just saw on SSN England are joint 4th to win the Euros
How...

1-0 our way to the final and then win on penalties.

If we don't concede we won't lose, Hodgson will set us up well, one thing you can be sure of. He never got Fulham to a Europa League final without being a top manager.

in our dreams maybe. We'll do well to get out of the group, as I've said all along

If we don't get out of that group Hodgson will be under immense pressure already, can't see his tenure lasting too long if he got off to a horrible start, it certainly grows thereafter on every performance.

Voted for Holland
always liked them as a team, and they maybe even got the best fire power upfront, all of their 3 selected strikers scored over 30 goals this season i believe

You're surprised that Ireland haven't been mentioned in a thread titled "Who will win EURO 2012"? Really? Not taking anything away from the Ireland team - especially after 2004 made it clear that dismissing outsiders straight off the bat is foolish - but you surely can't be surprised you haven't been mentioned as a potential winner.

That said, I've got a couple of quid on you making the quarters, so hey ho.

Yeah well I dont think we will win. But especially the history of the Euros have thrown up a few suprises like in 92 and 04. I think the Quarters are quite achievable. Sure were gonna lose to Spain but we can hold our own against both Italy and the Croats. My main point being that we are on a run of not conceding goals and hopefully that can continue.

Lol :) agree with your comments, if you read mine I said the same thing with France, I think its their time to shine again! Russia are my darkhorses (as stated before the Italy romping)

No idea why you will leave out Rio Ferdinand, even in the first place! Downing is a 3rd of the player he was last season! Carrol over Crouch, please! No Daniel Sturridge who covers left wing/right wing and striker...

Well Hodgson stated he left Ferdinand out for "footballing reasons" .. On that reason alone he had a point, Ferdinand didn't have the best season, and there was a few defenders that deserved a place at the Euro's ahead of him, Lescott, Terry and Cahill for example.. But after these injuries in the defence, there is only one defender who should have been called up.. Micah Richards.. Well he got ignored again, so next it must be Ferdiand, regardless of his season, he still played 30+ games in the Prem for the team that finished 2nd in the table.. but he gets overlooked by Martin Kelly who has played less than 15 games this season? Is this for footballing reasons?? Of course not..

It's funny how hypocritical English people can be. Look at the Evra / Suarez saga, all over the papers, got dealt within weeks and Suarez handed a 8 game ban.. We laughed at how poorly Liverpool handled this case, but the English FA are acting just as bad.. Move forward to the John Terry / Anton Ferdinand issue.. This happened months ago, it's clear for all to see he called A.Ferdinand a black c***, he even admitted to saying those words, but it is even clearer that he didn't ask "did you think I called you a black c***", like John Terry is claiming..

So why isn't John Terry banned? Why are they taking months to decide what to do? Obviously waiting until after the Euro's to hand out a ban, even if he gets one that is! Complete hypocrisy!

Oh then the BBC have the audacity to publish a documentary highlighting the minority racism in Poland and Ukraine without mentioning this goes on in pretty much every country in the world, especially England.

Complete fools who run the English game.

Its worse in SA trust me :p

Micah no doubt deserves to be there from the start, I mean even Cahill, he played a bit part for Chelsea, only filling when for bans and injuries! I mean c'mon, Kelly :p hahahhhaa!

Hodgson was never the right man from the start, Harry was! I think the FA will see that very quickly during/after the Euro's as England will be going out very quickly..

I mean for a manager to mention that Barry was an integral part of your team you have mental issues, Barry is the most overrated player in the world, I cannot stand him! I am better than him and I play keeper!

Micah no doubt deserves to be there from the start, I mean even Cahill, he played a bit part for Chelsea, only filling when for bans and injuries! I mean c'mon, Kelly :p hahahhhaa!

Hodgson was never the right man from the start, Harry was! I think the FA will see that very quickly during/after the Euro's as England will be going out very quickly..

I mean for a manager to mention that Barry was an integral part of your team you have mental issues, Barry is the most overrated player in the world, I cannot stand him! I am better than him and I play keeper!

Agree tbh, would rather of saw an exciting appointment who got England playing some half decent stuff, pushing through some more younger players etc. Even Roberto Martinez would of been a good appointment in my opinion, certainly an intelligent modern day manager.

In these tournaments everyone can win over everyone. I will be rooting for Italy. Last time they had a corruption scandal they won the World Cup. Also the Italians deserve some nation unity after their huge financial, corruption, football problems and the big earthquakes this year. Hopefully Juve, De Rossi and Giovinco will contribute.

Sadly I think your right :(

Last edited:
I have bet £5 each way on either Germany or France so hopefully one of them win it ;)

I'm going for France. Lately they are playing good and attractive football.