Strolla

Reaction score
When you get FM15, who will be the first player you look to sign for your club (whoever that may be)?

For an example, I usually do two saves at a time, to prevent boredom, and I think this year it'll be Arsenal as well as my beloved Newcastle. With Arsenal, I will be wanting a good DM, so I think one of the Benders, or Wanyama will be my first buys (price permitting, of course), or failing them, Tiote from Newcastle, who's worked well with them in the past for me. For Newcastle, I recon my first buy will be Barbosa or a top quality defender, such as Balanta or Alderweild (again, price permitting).

So who would be the first player you look for?

When you get FM15, who will be the first player you look to sign for your club (whoever that may be)?

For an example, I usually do two saves at a time, to prevent boredom, and I think this year it'll be Arsenal as well as my beloved Newcastle. With Arsenal, I will be wanting a good DM, so I think one of the Benders, or Wanyama will be my first buys (price permitting, of course), or failing them, Tiote from Newcastle, who's worked well with them in the past for me. For Newcastle, I recon my first buy will be Barbosa or a top quality defender, such as Balanta or Alderweild (again, price permitting).

So who would be the first player you look for?

Isnt Alderweild at Southampton on loan?

As Spurs manager I will probably look at a striker as I don't really rate Adebayor or Soldado and I presume the latter will not be as good as he is on this years. I will look to keep Kane as I like him in real life and hopefully he has got a bit of a boost in the new game.

I will always want the jewel of my team : deep lying playmaker (which could become a roaming playmaker in FM15).

Thus, I will buy without hesitation MARCO VERRATTI. :wub:

As a United manager, my first buy would probably be a rather good centre-back to pair up with Phil Jones in the first year. Depending on how good he maybe this year, probably Balanta. I'd love to get Hummels, but I doubt he'd want to move, especially since we're not in CL in the first year.

Barring that, get in some youth with potential, and go crazy. Or sell RvP for big bucks, to finance a big money move for a superstar (Paul Pogba, Marco Reus), if I don't have enough cash..

As United manager, not to much improving needs doing tbh. Will most probs buy Christoph Kramer for CM position or Goretzka. Then after that start bringing through academy players and buying youngsters. Also will start selling aging players on big money to help get fianances under control. Wont be any big mega purchases anyways, hate paying more than 20-35m on a player.

As United manager, not to much improving needs doing tbh. Will most probs buy Christoph Kramer for CM position or Goretzka. Then after that start bringing through academy players and buying youngsters. Also will start selling aging players on big money to help get fianances under control. Wont be any big mega purchases anyways, hate paying more than 20-35m on a player.

Kramer's on loan from Leverkusen, so you wouldn't be able to first season

Will surely depend entirely on the database, no? But for Arsenal it's gotta be either a centre back or a holding mid.

Will surely depend entirely on the database, no? But for Arsenal it's gotta be either a centre back or a holding mid.

Who're you looking at for CB? I might go for Schar or Veltman.

Think Schar will be improved a lot on fm15. Veltman don't even play for Ajax every week. Was thinking of Schar for my United save depending on there defence PA/CA attributes, I expect Smalling and Evans to be reduced. If so will sell one and buy Schar or Laporte.

Schar is a good shout, depends on stats though. If Balanta is still a beast he has to be looked at. Will probably play the market a bit and look for a bargain. Test a few teams with their fringe players, like Man City with Nastasic or something.

Schar is a good shout, depends on stats though. If Balanta is still a beast he has to be looked at. Will probably play the market a bit and look for a bargain. Test a few teams with their fringe players, like Man City with Nastasic or something.

Hmm I dunno, I still think Man City will slap a huge price on Nastasic, since he has good potential.

Think Schar will be improved a lot on fm15. Veltman don't even play for Ajax every week. Was thinking of Schar for my United save depending on there defence PA/CA attributes, I expect Smalling and Evans to be reduced. If so will sell one and buy Schar or Laporte.

Hahaha, yeah, I can see those two getting reduced stats. :p
Still might want to give the Dutch teams a looksie, since Ajax, Feyenoord, and PSV all have great talent at usually bargain prices.

My Shortlist depending on who i go with has to Include Veltman (ajax) Kishna (ajax) Batshuyi ( standard) Alverez Balanta (River), Fierrio ( Chivas) or Erick Torres ( Chivas)

Man United:
Get rid of players like RVP, Fellaini, Anderson, Young; and strengthen the team with a top quality CB to pair him with Phil Jones.

Probably sounds controversial to some people that I'm going to sell the Dutchman, but the fact that Man United are not playing in any European-tournaments makes me believe that the club is better off with 3 strikers (Rooney, Falcao and Wilson); as I will play with one striker up top.

Man United:
Get rid of players like RVP, Fellaini, Anderson, Young; and strengthen the team with a top quality CB to pair him with Phil Jones.

Probably sounds controversial to some people that I'm going to sell the Dutchman, but the fact that Man United are not playing in any European-tournaments makes me believe that the club is better off with 3 strikers (Rooney, Falcao and Wilson); as I will play with one striker up top.

Probably have a look at how much Falcao is gonna cost you at the end of the year before you do that.. Incase finances don't handle itself, that could be a problem wherein you're left with a minimal budget in the second season..