Who's going to Uni next year?

• Thread starter Thread starter *Jones*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 153
  • Views Views 8K
Nottingham Trent is not the 7th best uni in this country.

I said about, I'm only going on figures of what a friend of mine said not only a couple of hours ago, so if that isn't the case then I have been seriously mis-informed :@ But having had open days at a few uni's already, still trent for me at the moment.

Aye Notts is a great city too mate. Some decent footy there too haha (I wish).

I go to Manchester Met, study English and I'm about to go into my 2nd year.

I know it is...it's a pity that the decent footy is not played at the city ground. Do you guys know what its like to win? ;)

I said about, I'm only going on figures of what a friend of mine said not only a couple of hours ago, so if that isn't the case then I have been seriously mis-informed :@ But having had open days at a few uni's already, still trent for me at the moment.

I know it is...it's a pity that the decent footy is not played at the city ground. Do you guys know what its like to win? ;)

According to this, its very average, if not poor..

View attachment 104589

Was last year but now we're playing like we were under Calderwood lol..

Notts Trent aint around top 7 lad, but ignore the league tables and all that. All elitist. Obviously go to a redbrick if you can, but I think uni is what you make of it.

According to this, its very average, if not poor..

View attachment 104589

Well like I say, I was only going on what I was informed about, and not what I researched, league tables for me are a load of drab, hence why I prefer my dreams where Liverpool win the league year on year :P

I suppose the main thing with choosing stuff like colleges/university is what environment and what opportunities those universities offer and what is right for you rather than the best, because in my opinion, there's no point going to a brilliant university if you're not going to enjoy it there.

College for the next 2 years, as a I ****** last year up. Then yeah I am looking to go into something Business-related in uni. Want to stay in Liverpool preferably.

I'd recommend Northumbria University... or if you're clever there's always Newcastle University. But Newcastle was a great place to live, with the two Universities there was always enough students around to drown out the presence of the Geordies on nights out. :wub:

I'm goin to Queen Mary's this year to do computer science :D

Don't go by league tables, go to as many open days as you can, talk to the lecturers and get a feel for the town, go somewhere where you feel you can communicate with the lecturers and somewhere that fits your social lifestyle, go somewhere you will enjoy and a place where you will be motivated to work.

It's no use getting into a really top uni and hating every second there and failing, you'd be much better going to somewhere lower down the league table where you will love every second and come out of it with a good grade.

Ii got BCCD at As Level, but i'm retaking the three i'm taking for A2 so hopefully i'll do better in my retakes and be able to get into a decent uni. I'm definitely taking a GAP year though, my friend is already trying to organise it, i can't think that far ahead so much! She wants to go to South America, and i do too, but i also want to watch the Euros (tickets + cash providing) in Poland and Ukraine..

My sister goes to Leeds, and i think really enjoys it - it's close to Manchester, where my other sister lives, so there's plenty of places to go, and also near the lakes/peak district if you like walking/camping.. The other sister went to Edinburgh, and loved it - she did medicine..

I want out of London!

Lancaster, or Cardiff. I've been to Lancaster and it was brilliant, the people the nightlife and the university itself, I'm off to Cardiff in a few weeks and I've only heard great things, and from what I've seen it's amazing.

Next week I'll be starting my first year at Wolverhampton Uni to study English. It's not the most prestigious Uni on league tables or anything, but after going to the open day I knew it was right for me and for the course I wanted to do.

I didn't get the grades I wanted this year in my AS, so i'm re-sitting some in January, thinking of taking a gap year because I don't want to apply with lower grades than I expect from myself :P

I'm starting College this year but hopefully go to Uni with a gap year in between college and Uni.

Want to go to one major northern cities like Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle and Nottingham but whether counts as north I am unsure.

Just back from the Edinburgh Uni Open day. I'm going to go to uni in summer 2011.

I'm thinking of making my 5 applications for Mathematics at Edinburgh, Imperial, Cambridge, Glasgow and Accounting & Finance at Edinburgh. Ideally I'd get unconditionals for Edinburgh and Glasgow, and get a conditional for Imperial/Bristol/Oxford which I'd aim for. I'm applying for Oxford more in hope than expectation as I doubt I'll get in, but it's worth a try since I got 5A1s in my Highers. I'd like to move out for uni and stay in halls for the first year, and then get a flat later. Edinburgh would be my preference in Scotland seeing as I live in Glasgow, but if it's possible to get in one of the top English unis I'd definitely go there. Also it's only worth me applying for the best English unis, because if there's a similar standard Scottish one it's cheaper for me to go to the Scottish ones.

Last edited:
I'm off to Leeds doing Computer Science with Mathematics in about 2 weeks :D .

Not going to Uni yet, just started Yr 11, but we went to John Moores Uni in Liverpool on Friday to see what it was like and I really enjoyed it? Which would you say the best uni in the north-west is, and in Liverpool?

Back