Whos Gonna win the SPL 09/10

well the premiership hasent been dominated by just 2 teams since 1988 has it and the football is just awfull in the scottish league id luv celtic and rangers to come into the english league they would be lucky to finish mid-table

I think if Celtic were in the EPL they would sit comfortabley 7th behind the top four Aston Villa and Everton .

Mogga was Boro captain in our darkest hour Kris,all Boro fans worship the guy,he's one of the nicest guys in football too.

Hearts are my Scottish team yes,used to own and wear there kit in my Sunday kick abouts.The asics one sponsored by Strongbow,it was a lovely strip.

Ahh i used to love our kits. Mogga is a nice guy and plays good football but once he became hibs boss he was the enemy

I think if Celtic were in the EPL they would sit comfortabley 7th behind the top four Aston Villa and Everton .

hmm i think both would be mid table for a few years but there fan base is huge. Once they started earning premiership money the quality in players that would move to the old firm would be a massive increase.

1992–93 Manchester United
1993–94 Manchester United
1994–95 Blackburn Rovers
1995–96 Manchester United
1996–97 Manchester United
1997–98 Arsenal
1998–99 Manchester United
1999–2000 Manchester United
2000–01 Manchester United
2001–02 Arsenal
2002–03 Manchester United
2003–04 Arsenal
2004–05 Chelsea
2005–06 Chelsea
2006–07 Manchester United
2007–08 Manchester United
2008–09 Manchester United

I see what you mean there is no domination there.

5 teams have won the premiership since 1993 and 6 different fa cup winners. but from scotland only 2 teams have won the league and only 5 in the scottish cup, plus what happens in europe their is a massive party if any of your teams reach the knockout stage of even the uefa cup now cumon its a very poor league i wuld place it behind the turkish league, even they had besiktas win it this year

Ahh i used to love our kits. Mogga is a nice guy and plays good football but once he became hibs boss he was the enemy

hmm i think both would be mid table for a few years but there fan base is huge. Once they started earning premiership money the quality in players that would move to the old firm would be a massive increase.

Your Right Kris i think if Celtic had more money they would me one of the best teams in the world .

I am a season ticket holder and i think we have he best fans in the world .

5 teams have won the premiership since 1993 and 6 different fa cup winners. but from scotland only 2 teams have won the league and only 5 in the scottish cup, plus what happens in europe their is a massive party if any of your teams reach the knockout stage of even the uefa cup now cumon its a very poor league i wuld place it behind the turkish league, even they had besiktas win it this year

6 different FA Cup winners and 5 league winners is pathetic for 'the best ln the world' We are a small nation and im not trying to say we have the best league win the world but it is by no way the worst or is it any more or any less predictable than any other league.

6 different FA Cup winners and 5 league winners is pathetic for 'the best ln the world' We are a small nation and im not trying to say we have the best league win the world but it is by no way the worst or is it any more or any less predictable than any other league.

current uefa ranking league.

1st england
2nd spain
3rd italy
4th germany
5th france
6th russia
7th ukraine
8th netherlands
9th romania
10th portugal
11th turkay
12th greece
13th SCOTLAND

and they are facts aswell. nuf sed

i'm sorry but what was your point there?

current uefa ranking league.

1st england
2nd spain
3rd italy
4th germany
5th france
6th russia
7th ukraine
8th netherlands
9th romania
10th portugal
11th turkay
12th greece
13th SCOTLAND

and they are facts aswell. nuf sed
Facts based on what exactly? You can write down what UEFA know about football on the back of a stamp with a paint brush.

The facts are simple,all leagues are dominated by a hand full of sides with money,the SPL only has 12 teams in and two of them are giant clubs in Celtic and Rangers.The other teams do the best they can under very difficult circumstances.

The league coefficient is used to rank the leagues of Europe, and thus determine the number of clubs from a league that will participate in UEFA Champions League and Europa League.

The UEFA ranking determines the number of teams competing in the season after the next, not in the first season after the publication of the ranking. Thus, the 2009 ranking determines the proportion in 2010–11, not 2009–10.

This coefficient is determined by the results of the clubs of the leagues in UEFA Champions League and Europa League games over the past five seasons. The number of points awarded each season (two for each win by a club from that league, one for a draw) is divided by the number of teams that participated for that nation in that season. This number is then truncated after three decimal places (e.g. 2 2/3 will be truncated to 2.666).

For the league coefficient the season's league coefficients for the last five seasons must be added up. In the preliminary rounds of both the Champions League and Europa League, the awarded points are halved. Bonus points are allocated for:

* Qualifying for the Champions League group phase and Europa League round of 16. (4 bonus points)
* Reaching the second round of the Champions League.
* Reaching the quarter, semi and final of both Champions League and Europa League.

The bonus points are added to the number of points scored in a season.

I predict a tough year for us. But luckily Rangers arent too strong.

Last edited:
tayport rovers!^^)

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

is it just me or does that make no sense
no it dosen`t as hes a celtic fan aswell?

Your Right Kris i think if Celtic had more money they would me one of the best teams in the world .

I am a season ticket holder and i think we have he best fans in the world .
best fans in the world my arss.

This is the way i see it:

1st Rangers
2nd Hearts

just joking in all seriousness, Rangers, celtic and hearts top 3:) in that order

Whoa!! there's a lot of hostility on this thread eh? if gers and hoops were in the epl they would attract better players with the money they would be getting from sky and other sponsors,but the fact is they're not so we have our own little league in our own little country and the majority of fans are happy with it so lets get on with the real question?
Defo gers for the title as long the following are still in place;
1.boyd starts week in week out!
2.thomson gets fit and hits the ground running!
3.we give fleck some more game time?
4.boruc is stil in goal for celtic,good keeper,mad ******!
5.mcmanus is stil celtic captain and starting every week,he's not even the best defender at parkhead never mind captain!

sorry celtic it's gonna be 2 in row for the teddy bears!

I know it's very soon but here is what i 'think' the top 12 will be

1.Rangers - if they can keep players like Mendes,Davis,Magic and get Boyd playing week in week out i can see them reclaiming the title
2.Celtic - Huge test for Mowbray to prove himself at the higher level. Not sure about his signings so far and the players that were left were not the best anyway
3.Hearts - If Hearts can sign Steven Hughes and get another striker in i predict another steady season. Bruno is gone so the goals need to come from somewhere else and it wont be Elliot
4.Aberdeen - Mark Mcghee is a one season wonder everywhere he goes and maybe im being bold but i can see them having a good season
5.Hibs - Hughes plays good football but he could never really get Falkirk anywhere. Hibs have some good young playersso i think a decent first season for him.
6.Dundee Utd - Levein has done a great job with United and this season will be decent aswell but as usual i think they will fall away near the end.
7.Kilmarnock - I really think they will use last seasons early/late form and put together a half decent season for once
8.St Johnstone - There squad is better than most around them before they got up anyway and Deek seems to be doing a good job. Like Hamilton last year i say 8th for The super J's
9.St Mirren - Typical St Mirren, Wont get anywhere will be hard and might pull off 1-2 shocks
10.Falkirk - May's first real season as a manager, They dont have a great squad and i think those above them will be too strong.
11.Motherwell - manager left and so did near enough there whole squad. playing under 17's in europe isnt the best sign and players coming in from Shrewsbury. The only thing keeping them up will be accies
12.Hamilton - Rubbish i think they will go down but they were never an spl team anyway. They had 4/5 good players that kept them in the league last year and there very annoying 3-6-1 formation faltered about March. Losing Easton,Mcarthy,Offiong and will prob lose MaCarthur and i cant see them spending any of the money so it could be goodbye Hamilton

wouldn't disagree with your predictions mate,hamilton will def go down they're nowhere near good enough to play in the spl,3 guys under 20 kept them up last season and 2 are away already,wouldn't mind mcarthur at gers either!
I think hibs will run hearts pretty close for 3rd spot,yogi's a good manager with a good playing style,wouldn't worry 2 much bout aberdeen they only play 4 times a year against the gers so they won't b a threat to hearts! lol ^^)
I think d/utd's bubbles about to burst also,leveins been there a while now and will jump ship at the 1st hint of a biggar and better job elsewhere,he's done well but its prob time to move on!

Last edited: