• Other (Please State Below)

Votes: 17 14.5%
  • Mark Schwarzer

Votes: 5 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hiphopahol101

Reaction score
Id Like To Know Who Everybody Thinks Is The Best Goalkeeper In The EPL(Irl)

*If Other Please State*

yeah ever since hes fractured skull he hasnt been the same

I think reina is the best all round but given is a great shotstopper
Why is VDS even on that list :P

Why is it given :S i don't think he is that good

ah he is by far the best signing city have made

No10: Joe Hart
There are a number of a talented young English keepers in the Premier League but doubts remain over how far the likes of Scott Carson, Chris Kirkland and Ben Foster will go. Manchester City keeper Hart has profited from their stalling careers to become the next future England No1.

No9: Mark Schwarzer
Now in his 13th season in England, Schwarzer made a surprise summer switch to Fulham after a decade between the sticks at Middlesbrough. And the veteran Australian shows no signs of slowing, conceding only 11 goals in his opening 14 league games with the Cottagers.

No8: Jussi Jaaskelainen
Jaaskelainen has already racked up over 400 games in his 12 years at Bolton. But at 33, he has plenty left in the tank. The Finn came close to leaving last season until he was tempted to sign yet another contract at the Reebok. The Trotters' survival in the top-flight is largely owed to his heroics over the years

No7: Robert Green
If it came down to international caps, Green would not threaten this list. But his performances for West Ham have been so impressive in the past three season that he deserves to be included. Fans - and not just those inside Upton Park - struggle to understand why Fabio Capello regularly ignores him.

No6: Brad Friedel
When Friedel failed to make the grade at Liverpool, few would have tipped him to go on to become one of the finest keepers in the league. But that's just what the American did at Blackburn before again confirming his reputation with his new club Aston Villa this season.

No5: Edwin van der Sar
How Alex Ferguson must wish he had beaten Fulham to sign Van der Sar in 2001 rather than waiting another four years. He has been Manchester United's first pair of safe hands since the departure of Peter Schmeichel in 1999. His save from Nicolas Anelka's penalty also won United the Champions League.

No4: David James
Less than two years off his 40th birthday, James continues to shine. The Portsmouth keeper has re-established himself as England's No1 thanks to his Fratton Park form. It is no exaggeration to say that James would top this list if he finally eliminated the howlers that occasionally creep into his game.

No3: Shay Given
Newcastle's rearguard record in the past 12 years do Given's career stats few favours but that is only half the story. The majority of defenders in front of him have been so poor that they should have been relegated years ago. That they remain in the top-flight is in largely down to their frequently-frustrated keeper.

No2: Pepe Reina
Few Liverpool fans had heard of Reina when he signed from Villarreal for £6m in 2005. But the Spaniard has been rock solid since nicking the keeper's spot from the more-than-adequate Jerzy Dudek. And if the Reds are ever in a penalty shoot-out, you know who to put your money on.

No1: Petr Cech
Chelsea ace Cech pips Reina in a photo finish. The Czech Republic giant may have lost his aura of invincibility from his early days at Stamford Bridge but he remains a top-class performer. And there is much to be said of the way he bounced back from his horrific head injury at Reading two years ago.

i can't believe tim howard hasn't been mentioned yet! on his dau he could be the best in the prem but i wouldn't say overall he is. however on danny's list i would say he is 3rd or 4th

Jussi Jaaskelainen.

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

i can't believe tim howard hasn't been mentioned yet! on his dau he could be the best in the prem but i wouldn't say overall he is. however on danny's list i would say he is 3rd or 4th

He's good but his kicking if woeful

Come on people Van der sar has to get a mention simply because of his 1,311 minutes without conceding in the league record!!!!

joe hart signed him for barca 4 4million then sold him for 50million 3years l8tr

Back