• Given

Votes: 32 27.4%
  • Other (Please State Below)

Votes: 17 14.5%
  • Mark Schwarzer

Votes: 5 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jaaskelainen look how gd he is wiv bolton imagine if he had a good defence in front of him?!:)

Van Der Sar gets my vote probably the most experienced goalkeeper in prem he is consistent and commands his defence well the only thing i think goes againsed him atm is his age and man united are probably looking for replacment already as tbh the other goalkeepers they have are just not experienced enough for there level.

Schwarzer is the best I have seen play for Fulham, that includes Van Der Sar who was exceptional but Schwarzer is the real deal

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

Arghh, you guys Given is a good keeper but he cannot defend set pieces, there is a lot more to keeping that shot stopping, same goes for Jaaskalinin, I personally go for Schwarzer, Cech, Howard, Reina as the best in the league all based on all round keeping ability

Shay Given by an absolute country mile !!!

I would put him up there with the best in the world!

Reina and Cech have been the best in seasons gone by, but now shay has a chance to play with a team that are doing well, and it is showing very much so.

van der sar still one of the best although this season has been scuppered a bit by niggling injuries, which is a shame.

jaaskelainen, freidel, james and schwarzer still going strong considering their ages like van der sar, but i just dont think they are at the same level as shay given at the moment.

joe hart definantley one for the future, i was really pleased at him coming to blues on loan, although he really needs to command his area more. his shot stopping second to none, but when he comes out for a ball he looks flappy and very edgy. once that is perfected, top top keeper, his kicking is top draw as well!

and cant forget robert green and chris kirkland, great keepers in their own right, but kirkland is injury prone so has stopped him becoming what i think he could be, and green has always been a good keeper just never really shone and got to that next level.

and lets face it, england team going to the world cup, if you could pick given along side our keepers who would you pick.

shay given all the way! i also like him because of how loyal he has been to newcastle through all their troubles, but obviously wasn't expected to drop a division being a keeper of his quality

Still don't rate Given, imho best in world at shot stopping but this isn't best shot stopper, this is best keeper

I would agree but given is in ridiculous form, he doesn't seem to make mistakes..

and from my personal viewing this season when man city were at St Andrews he was the only reason they stayed in the game we should have had all three points but he made the difference. like he did against chelsea at the weekend.

whereas when fulham came to St Andrews this season, i though Schwarzer shouldn't have let bowyer score they way he did. seemed like a great goal but i think a goal keeping mishap.

Your right about controlling the area though, that is a massive part of keeping, and maybe given isnt the strongest in that way.

but as you said this is an overall goalkeeping rating.
yes given isnt the strongest at controlling his area, but Schwarzer isnt at shot stopping.

it works both ways

Its between Reina and Given..i think Given JUST wins it ;)

And why is VDV on that list?! :P

Given, definatley
Cech is shockingly bad aswell
Reina's decent
wait til United sign Hugo Lloris

shay given is the best goalie in the world right now. last year he proved he is the best in the EPL even with a bad defence in front of him...

i would have said cech a few seasons ago but shay given is the best premiership keeper off all time people will argue its shemicheal but given showed that he can be the one man to secure a teams premier league place as soon as he left newcastle they went down

Given is a beast at the mo. Reina is second but Schwarzer, Howard and Jussi and Friedel are good. Cech just doesnt seem the same

Am I right in thinking this thread was locked earlier? Perhaps my eyes are deceiving me.

Either way, on current form, I'd say Given.

Am I right in thinking this thread was locked earlier? Perhaps my eyes are deceiving me.

Either way, on current form, I'd say Given.

No, someone made a thread the same as this and that one got locked, and i think it was JP posting a link for this one in the old thread so people have started to use this again.

shay given easily, did you see his performance against chelsea, just amazing, reina is soo overated its beyond belief, thats my opinion though

Back