11816.jpg

Claude Makelele

• Squad No: 4
  • Position: Midfielder
  • Birth Date: Feb 18, 1973
  • Birth Place: France
  • Height: 1.74m
  • Weight: 70 kg

Iv been searching, i am yet to find a player that is as good as, the master of defensive mid position im my opinion.
He would have to be excellant mentalwise to read the game as makalele did, play a simple passing game and staying back at all times.
He wont often score, if at all rarely, as i think makalele only scored 3 in his career i think so dont qoute me on that. So the player is there to break up attacks and move the ball on.

So would like to know if anyone has found a player that is good enough to wear his shirt, and play the famous makalele role?

Some of the players that have been suggested so far, that would be worthy of the number 4 shirt!

- Nigel De Jong (debatable due to his low concentraction)
- Yann M'vila
- Sven Bender

Last edited:
Yann M'Vila? Moussa Sissoko? Dunno. Mudingayi?

I was more on about real life. he does a long pass if its absolutely the best option and usually he completes them, he is imo the best anchorman around at the moment.

I was more on about real life. he does a long pass if its absolutely the best option and usually he completes them, he is imo the best anchorman around at the moment.

Yer in real life id agree he is a great player, hard challenges, wins the ball moves it on. But on the game i dont think his stats are quite there, prob will be improved on the next FM.

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

Moussa Sissoko would be a good shout.

He gets forward to much and shoots from distance all the time. Im not sure is defensive ability is as good as makelele.

seems Mudingayi is 29, so M'Vila, i'd say.

1992–1997 Nantes 135 (8)
1997–1998 Marseille 32 (2)
1998–2000 Celta Vigo 70 (3)
2000–2003 Real Madrid 94 (1)
2003–2008 Chelsea 144 (2)
2008–2011 Paris Saint-Germain 80 (2)
2011- Accrington Stanely 52 (100)

Lol, took this off Claude Makelele's wikipedia before it got deleted.

Accrington Stanely
On 5th June 2011, Makélélé reversed his retirenment stating that lack of money caused him play football again. He realised his class and went to play for one of the worst team in England. Just after 10 days since his arrival he won 52 caps scorring 100 goals, a record set by any player for the club and the country. He has earned around $250.
[edit]

Yann M'Vila? Moussa Sissoko? Dunno. Mudingayi?

M'vila is up there def, he has all the right attributes to be the next makelele on FM anyway, im not sure how good he is in real life. But i hope he is as good as he is rated on the game.

Accrington Stanely
On 5th June 2011, Makélélé reversed his retirenment stating that lack of money caused him play football again. He realised his class and went to play for one of the worst team in England. Just after 10 days since his arrival he won 52 caps scorring 100 goals, a record set by any player for the club and the country. He has earned around $250.
[edit]

I think it's funny, too bad the guy who did it can't spell "Accrington Stanley".

Anthony Annan? And lol at the Accrington Stanley bit!

Mascherano, Cambiasso, Tymoschuk, Petit (from Köln)

Mascherano and cambiasso are already established players. Im looking for then next potential makelele. Il check out them other 2 players tho as iv never heard of them.

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

I cant find them players, what leagues did you load up to find them?

Mascherano and cambiasso are already established players. Im looking for then next potential makelele. Il check out them other 2 players tho as iv never heard of them.

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

I cant find them players, what leagues did you load up to find them?

They both play in the Bundesliga but they are both quite old so they probably already retired in your game. But these four are probably only players who play in Makelele role, younger players are usually more complex and not only defensive.
If you want younger ones, try Bender from Dortmund or M'Vila from Rennes.

Last edited:
They both play in the Bundesliga but they are both quite old so they probably already retired in your game. But these four are probably only players who play in Makelele role, younger players are usually more complex and not only defensive.
If you want younger ones, try Bender from Dortmund or M'Villa from Rennes.

Its a shame you cant teach them the trait, stays back at all times. Its a hard trait to come by only few players have it, but a good trait to have on a anchor man.

Phil Jones, Joel Matip and Alfred N'Diaye are all pretty young and have the potential to be amazing anchor men
dont sure any would be the next makalele though