I'd say Yann M'Vila. Also according to wikipedia, Makelele made 312 apperances in the 2003/04 Fa Cup haha!

I love Essien, as I am a Chelsea fan so it's only natural. However I wouldn't put him in the same bracket as makelele, too different Essien gets forward alot more and shoots more often. He more a box to box ball winning engine. Where as makelele a silent assassin, you rarely see him, and then he pops up breaks up the attack moves the ball on. Alot people slated him saying all done was play a simple game and not offer the team much, but they were wrong it's was art what makelele used to do hence why the Makelele position was born.

lassana diarra, though he has less intelligent

Yer he is good, Mourinho touted him at Chelsea as the next makelele and didn't want let him leave, but he wanted first team football. I wonder if he did stay a bit longer under makelele if he would have picked up more. Still a good player tho.

Pedro from Sampdoria, he's not always on the game though

I'd like to see what he looks like when he 24-25! Looks like he has the potential to be the makelele, if you have got a screenshots of him later on in his career please load it up, would love to see how he develops.

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

Sven Bender

A couple of people have mentioned this guy I'm going to check this guy out see how he looks.

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

Pedro from Sampdoria, he's not always on the game though

Iv had a look at him before, sadly I don't think he's the next makelele IMO. But if you have a screenshot proving me wrong then upload mate, cheers.

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Lassana Diarra , Miguel Veloso

Diarra is close, but velso like the ball to much and is good all round midfielder plus he likes to shoot. Great player, but no makelele IMO.

I've seen a few people mention Sissoko, but don't go for him if you want a defensive midfielder. Sissoko is good at winning the ball and covers a lot of ground, but he also goes forward too often and won't stop shooting. He does score now and again but I like to build up my attacks. I've tried asking him to stop shooting but he won't listen. He just does what he likes.

I'd like to see what he looks like when he 24-25! Looks like he has the potential to be the makelele, if you have got a screenshots of him later on in his career please load it up, would love to see how he develops.

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

A couple of people have mentioned this guy I'm going to check this guy out see how he looks.

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

Iv had a look at him before, sadly I don't think he's the next makelele IMO. But if you have a screenshot proving me wrong then upload mate, cheers.

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Diarra is close, but velso like the ball to much and is good all round midfielder plus he likes to shoot. Great player, but no makelele IMO.

there is a screen shot of him at 23 on the page I gave you. It's at post #11