WHY??? best tactic until now

Instant results or Holiday mode is always a very bad way to test a tactic....

Instant results maybe, but Holiday mode actually shows how good the tactic is without the hands on approach. Tells a lot.

Instant results maybe, but Holiday mode actually shows how good the tactic is without the hands on approach. Tells a lot.

Holiday mode will only confirm one thing: That the ME is one piece of randomness! Go on holiday mode, get a result.. Start the season again and go on holiday mode again.. you'll get a completely different result, i guarantee it!

Holiday mode will only confirm one thing: That the ME is one piece of randomness! Go on holiday mode, get a result.. Start the season again and go on holiday mode again.. you'll get a completely different result, i guarantee it!
And so? That's one game. I am talking about long run testing.

And so? That's one game. I am talking about long run testing.

I meant: Go on holiday for an entire season and then restart the game and again go on holiday for an entire season! The two seasons will have very different results because of the randomness of the match engine!

Dude, don't embarrass yourself... it's the most noobish thing to say that you test tactic by Holiday because in this case different approach is used to calculate match result than it's used during normal gameplay...

Dude, don't embarrass yourself... it's the most noobish thing to say that you test tactic by Holiday because in this case different approach is used to calculate match result than it's used during normal gameplay...

And if you have a crappy Assistent Manager you will even generate more random results!! So it's a bad way to test it! ;)
If you would like to learn how real testing is done: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...s-new-improved-tactic-thread-test-league.html

Why is everyone always blattering about their fantastic super-tactic when it's only been tested with teams that would win even if you put them in a V-formation facing the south. If you can win the title first season with say QPR or Burnley, THEN you can brag about it. I also think using one tactic a whole season through isn' t too smart. There is a reason tactics like Goalalot, Jasar's and TFF's are that succesfull

AFter Testing this todayalong with my good Buddy Mopealot (one of norways finest Fifa players), i got to say hands down this is nothing of what it promises.

Managed to win the Norwegian league with Rosenborg, but thats it. nothing fancy besides a 4-1 homewin vs Lillestrøm, and i got knocked out of the Cup by Byåsen losing 2-1 away.

My bud Mope managed Liverpool in England, finished 5th, won the Carling cup, and got knocked out of everything else.

However i can see with some work this might actually turn out not to bad, but it needs work, and as of now with FM15 not to far away id rather recommend myself to try tactics with more feedback and resoults to show for.

One of the most solid and spectacular tactics I've tried so far in 14.3. Great performance both in attack and defense. And the shape of it it's great to build a squad.

One of the most solid and spectacular tactics I've tried so far in 14.3. Great performance both in attack and defense. And the shape of it it's great to build a squad.

Which team are you playing with? And can I see a screenshot of the tactic?

Getting some weird defeats at time, but overall the tactic is working alright.

czc599V.jpg

T7nkj3B.jpg

Y4PgKta.jpg

aNR07SS.jpg

9CHPYRH.jpg

VDD98iT.jpg

vey3MYQ.jpg

UFmYysa.jpg

rofl... you guys are testing this tactic with Ajax,Juventus and Barça... not a good way to see the power of the tactic. Default tactics also work with the best teams of their own league

Thats not true Siba.

Testing new tactics with good, strong teams is one of the best ways to tell how it would work for the majority of people.
Why?
Becasue most people play big teams, tested most tactics with big teams, and its much easier to compare resoults if you play it with a big team.

If you were to test it with say Charlton, Leipzig or Borrow then it would be hard to say how good it would work compare to other tactics would it not?

That said, i do see the trubble people wanting to play lower league teams has, when most good tactics have high tempo and demand a certain amount of player attributes to even work decent.

Maybe someone could start a low league tactic testing tread, were they test tactics with crappy teams? that way everyone that look to mold a crappy team into champions league winners in the future got somkind of guidline.

In FM2015 this will be different though

I have to disagree with you, Conn. The simple fact is that due to the quality of players that the top teams have, (or they lack any real domestic competition in the case of Ajax) pretty much any tactic will work well with them as long as you have the players that fit into the roles. The real test for a tactic is using it in the lower leagues or with a team that is one of the weaker ones in the competition. If it works for those kind of teams then it's extremely unlikely that it won't work for teams that have world class players.

Yes i totaly see you're point of View, but you are missing the point here.

I said:
most people play big teams, tested most tactics with big teams, and its much easier to compare resoults if you play it with a big team.

I also said:
Maybe someone could start a low league tactic testing tread, were they test tactics with crappy teams? that way everyone that look to mold a crappy team into champions league winners in the future got somkind of guidline.

The Key is that you need to have comperative resoults done with other tactics, and Fact is that most comperative resoults are dont with clubs like: Ajax, Real MAdrid, Barcelona, Bayern, man U, Man C, Juventus etc etc.

Most tactics will work good if you have CA 170+, but you got to remember as i mentioned that most tactics are tested with this CA, and that the comperrable resoults will be the deciding factor for a player to decide what tactic he will use.

I do understand that this creates **** for people wanting to take Oxford to PL and similare, but im just stating the fact and i hope you understand that its not my biggest desire, but its the right answere to a question rised so many times.

Might get something going in FM15 btw if Jassar is kind enough to let me toy around for him.
Focus on low league to produce resoults for tactics released to give an edge to promising managers dreaming of once qualifying as manager for Real MAdrid througout FM :p

Greening out that text just made it more annoying to read tbh.

Im gonna test this, but don't use a big team. Barcelona, Madrid, Juve you can literally get any tactic to work. A 5-5-0 would probably work.

Back